Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

First Volvo on a lease deal..opinions?

Views : 3061

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2015, 22:30   #1
Willisthm

Default First Volvo on a lease deal..opinions?

First post. Great forum.

Am within 5 days of ordering a XC60 RDesign, Nav, Geartronic, D4 on a personal lease.

Throwing in my BMW 330d msport for a Volvo.

What's everyone's opinions on the level of equipment in this Volvo? I particularly like the RDesign, however, does anyone recommend an alternative spec Volvo with more whistles and bells.

Am open to change if there is a better spec'd Volvo for a similar monthly rate of £350.

Thanks in advance
Willisthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2015, 22:34   #2
XcOM

r-Design is more or less top end, there are extra's you can always chuck on, like the winter pack, bending lights that sort of thing, the upgraded nav system if you can.

XcOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 01:57   #3
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
r-Design is more or less top end
The R Design has always been the bottom end, equivalent to an ES of old,with a few sporting bits added such as wheels/dash/body fixtures - and around the spec of a current SE. R Design Lux is the higher end, more or less equivalent to SE LUX.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:17   #4
850Chris
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willisthm View Post

Throwing in my BMW 330d msport for a Volvo.
I appreciate this is a Volvo forum and that I'm a Volvo fan, but why would you do such a thing? A 330d is one of the worlds finest handling cars with perhaps the best Diesel engine in production ( even the earliest 180bhp were great, never mind the latest 256bhp variants). I think a D4 XC60 may frustrate you after the BMW in terms of power and handling. Very comfy, well specified, safe and good looking - but not a drivers car.

2004 V50 T5 SE Manual

Now sold, off to BMW land for a while.
850Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:20   #5
rich1068
I've Been Banned

Personal lease? Personal Contract Hire?

https://www.selectcontracts.co.uk/vo...ract-hire.html

I'd be going SE Lux/SE Lux Nav because I chopped in my 330d M Sport when I realised it wasn't very nice on anything less than fresh smooth tarmac and that there was no need to carry on pretending I was Lewis Hamilton. Oh and I couldn't get the children in it
rich1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:21   #6
rich1068
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Chris View Post
I appreciate this is a Volvo forum...
See above
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:25   #7
850Chris
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
there was no need to carry on pretending I was Lewis Hamilton. Oh and I couldn't get the children in it
Fair point!

2004 V50 T5 SE Manual

Now sold, off to BMW land for a while.
850Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:28   #8
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Without going through a whole configuration or comparison I seem to remember an SE gives slightly more than an R-Design but the interior of the R-Design is nicer. I went for an SE as that gave me enough toys and I wanted a comfy car rather than a drivers car. That took priority for me over the smarter interior of the R-Design.

I would really recommend front and rear parking sensors, if they are not standard. The XC60 is a big car front and back and they really help when parking the car, sensors not cameras for me. Otherwise the other extras are just personal preference and not really necessary.
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:34   #9
rich1068
I've Been Banned

My dad's is an SE and it is very nice. I gathered from the dealer that Volvo really upped their game with the equipment on the refreshed XC60s. They used to sell a handful of SEs but now considerably more.
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:46   #10
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Rich - Mine is a lease and on a keen budget. I looked at the spec for the SE and realised it had everything I really needed, apart from parking beeps at the front. Everything else was fluff, nice fluff but fluff. People will swear by bendy lights, electric seats, upgraded sound systems etc but if the budget is on the edge then those are things you can do without. Certainly, if you have never had them then you can live in ignorance quite happily.