Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For sale - V50 T5 SE Lux low miles!

Views : 1106

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2017, 20:53   #1
INS60T

Unhappy For sale - V50 T5 SE Lux low miles!

I'm under strict orders from SWMBO that one of my Volvos has to be sold.... so I'm advertising both cars on this forum in the hope one finds a good home.

So I'm offering up for sale my most recent purchase a very rare Volvo V50 T5 SE Lux manual gearbox (lower tax bracket!) with just over 56K on the clock.

The car is a 2008 facelift model on a '57 plate and very clearly the previous owners took good care of the car, it's in excellent condition throughout and I have cherished it. The car has:
Black leather
Nordic oak trim
Sunroof
Winter pack
Recently refurbished 17" alloys shod with excellent all-weather Michelin Cross Climate tyres.
Ferrita cat back stainless exhaust - just the right amount of growl!

The timing belt, water pump and auxiliary belts were replaced in November 2016 and everything works and works well. There's also a removable tow bar.

It is now due a routine service and this will be done (hopefully) before Christmas and certainly prior to any sale. The car has not long been MOT'd with a completely clean bill of health. The MOT tester was absolutely smitten with it.

Bad news:
The clutch, unfortunately, is just beginning to go. As a precaution I bought a genuine Volvo DMF, clutch kit and CSC from Elk Performance earlier in the year. But it's not bad enough to do the change yet so at the moment I'm living with it. The clutch is light and according to local sources the swap out for the new parts will make it perfect again. There are one or two marks on the otherwise gorgeous black paintwork.

Good news:
I firmly believe you would find it almost impossible to find a better example, which is why I bought it. I really like the T5 but it (or my S60) has to go - I'm not allowed to keep both! I paid over £5,200 for it with a dodgy wheel bearing - which I had changed immediately. The good news? Well you can have it for £5,000 cash and I'll include the DMF, clutch kit, DMF a service ahead of purchase, a full tank of BP Ultimate (all I ever fill it up with) plus a load of useful stuff like a Haynes manual etc.
Really this car goes like a stabbed rat (when you need it to), is deeply satisfying to drive but is entirely comfortable and practical.

Pics will be uploaded sometime this week - most will feature snow..... Please email me betanut@talk21.com or try a PM via the forum. If you're after a great S60... go here https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=275648

Last edited by INS60T; Dec 11th, 2017 at 21:00.
INS60T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to INS60T For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 12th, 2017, 11:02   #2
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

AAAAAARRRRGHHHH why does this always happen, was looking for a decent t5 for ages, couldn't find one so got my V60 D4 last month, or I would have snapped this up, but my girlfriend would kill me if I changed cars again :-(
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2017, 12:24   #3
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
AAAAAARRRRGHHHH why does this always happen, was looking for a decent t5 for ages, couldn't find one so got my V60 D4 last month, or I would have snapped this up, but my girlfriend would kill me if I changed cars again :-(
"Honey, merry Xmas , guess what I got you?!!""

"by the way, you will never guess what I got for myself?...."

problem solved :]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (12.4 KB, 261 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 13th, 2017, 19:29   #4
INS60T

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
I might be looking at a V60 to replace both my V50 and the S60......
Old Dec 14th, 2017, 18:26   #5
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Can't fault them we have 2 the other half has a V60 D2 R Design Drive with every optional extra going, mines is basic spec but with the better D4 engine :-). The D2 is brilliant for her and great on the motorway, but not enough poke to be really fun, but the toys are really good on it and she loves it.

In all honesty I would love another T5, but I came to the conclusion (after not being able to find a decent one) that I'm too used to Diesel mpg and running costs, the D4 is £30 a year to tax and averages 45mpg, once the original clutch gives up, I'll be getting it remapped :-)
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 16:24   #6
Welton
Premier Member

A very well worded advert above, the car sounds ideal.

I think a good T5 should be kept safe, I have a sneaking feeling that some day there will be a small but strong desire for cars like this and around the time where everyone has been forced to drive tiny 3-cylinder petrols or electrics.

Desirable future modern classic? I dunno, I hope so.

Had to laugh recently when talking to a married couple; SHE was the driving force behind buying some Euro****box thing because she'd analysed the fuel economy and RFL charges! HE wanted the sporty one but conceded defeat.
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welton For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2018, 13:04   #7
INS60T

Exclamation Sold!

Well, looks like this has found a good home as I've taken a deposit this morning

Very pleased it will be going to an enthusiast and a forum member. I'll miss it hugely but one of my Volvos had to go and the V50 sold first
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to INS60T For This Useful Post: