Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Can anyone help identify which options/ 'packs' I have?

Views : 1342

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 14th, 2018, 16:18   #1
berkhamsted

Smile Can anyone help identify which options/ 'packs' I have?

Hi All!
I purchased a used 2016 XC60 D4 2.0 diesel (190hp fwd) with the 8 speed auto box.
It is a SE Lux Nav. I cannot for the life of me work out which options/packs the car may have had installed...can any one help me?

I have the usual SE Lux Nav standard spec. The car seems to have bits and bobs but I am unsure if they were individually available or as part of a 'pack'

It appears to have:
- Heated front seats + front screen
- auto dimming rear view mirror and maybe side mirrors?
- Road sign information display
- Blind spot info system with cross traffic alert
- Personal car communicator
- Laminated windows
- Folding mirrors
- front/rear parking sensors and rear camera

Coming from Vw/Audi there always used to be a sticker somewhere on the chassis with loads of codes in relation to what was fitted... anytime similar in the XC60?
cheers!
B

-
berkhamsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 16:26   #2
JRL
Master Member

Here you go

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ght=VIN+number
Old May 14th, 2018, 16:37   #3
berkhamsted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Thanks for that, I actually asked marc over there prior to purchase...I wasnt aware he would have access to lists of installed packs.

I will ask him again, thanks.
regards
Old May 14th, 2018, 19:56   #4
Considered1
Premier Member

Welcome Sir, nice choice.

I'd service it at Volvo so you get the correct software updates and some rapport, and ask them for the car's history....
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2018, 21:38   #5
berkhamsted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Welcome Sir, nice choice.

I'd service it at Volvo so you get the correct software updates and some rapport, and ask them for the car's history....
Thank you.
Yes, its a really nice car. Smooth and fast with acceleration when required.
Its a (same) dealer supplied/sold/maintained car, its been serviced at the supplying dealer twice.

I did ask for the service history print out..but the sales man went to speak to 'service' and said they were unable to. Its got 2 stamps and appears to be serviced correctly. Same with any EGR fix (read some stories here prior to purchase), said the car had no outstanding recalls.

Ok, so Marc over on the VIN check thread gave me a list of options fitted to the car... with a pdf spec list of XC60 2016....

HEATED FRONT SEATS
TEMPORARY SPARE WHEEL
LAMINATED SIDE WINDOWS +
NAVIGATION SYSTEM
KEYLESS ENTRY "PSC"
HEATED WASHER NOZZLES
BLIND SPOT INFORMATION SY
Park Assist Front + Rear
REAR PARKING CAMERA
HEATED WINDSCREEN
AUDIO SYSTEM"HIGH PERFORM
18" LEDA GLOSSY BLACK 7,5

It looks like some options were not available A la carte, so unsure how they got there!

- road sign info seems bundled with Driver support pack? does that mean I have this pack? and adaptive cruise and queue assist? (I hope so!!)
cheers
Old May 14th, 2018, 23:06   #6
PJordan

Certainly from what you describe you have the Driver Support Pack along with the Winter Pack(Heated Windscreen, Heated Front Seats, Heater Washer Nozzles). So two packs included.

The other bits are optional extras not part of any pack, and yes and very nicely spec'd car!
Old May 16th, 2018, 10:52   #7
berkhamsted

Awesome!

I'll download the 2016 manual for the car and have a good read to see how this all works, how to activate + deactivate everything etc.

Next step...need to fit the front dash cam into this car... hope the lead is easily hidden in the edges of the headliner and door soft seals...

Need to figure out where/which side the fuse box is...and maybe just set the cam and cable in place...and let an auto electrician find a suitable slot in the fuse box to use. (not permanent live..just switched on at ignition)

regards
Old May 16th, 2018, 11:12   #8
155mph
1st time Volvo Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkhamsted View Post
Next step...need to fit the front dash cam into this car... hope the lead is easily hidden in the edges of the headliner and door soft seals...

Need to figure out where/which side the fuse box is...and maybe just set the cam and cable in place...and let an auto electrician find a suitable slot in the fuse box to use. (not permanent live..just switched on at ignition)
Very straight forward installation. Cable tucks neatly away under roof liner and down A pillar. Keep at eye out at Halfords - they sometime do offers. I think I paid £20 for the hardwire kit and got the install free.
155mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 12:02   #9
AndyJudge
Premier Member

- road sign info seems bundled with Driver support pack? does that mean I have this pack? and adaptive cruise and queue assist? (I hope so!!)
cheers[/QUOTE]

You can tell if you have Adaptive cruise by having the set's of arrows on the left spoke of the wheel (these adjust the following distance), if it has I think you'll also have queue assist as well.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2018, 15:20   #10
hancym
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkhamsted View Post
Awesome!

I'll download the 2016 manual for the car and have a good read to see how this all works, how to activate + deactivate everything etc.

regards
I use one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/SJCAM-Multi.../dp/B01HXQ70K6 You can get sucker mount for it and it sits nicely below the city safe gear on the widscreen. Bonus is when you go on holiday and park you car you then have a nice action camera too. It does have a dashcam mode in the software so does start and stop recording with power.
hancym is offline   Reply With Quote