Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2014 XC60 Official Answer.... finally

Views : 29162

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 15:10   #101
Docs

The so-called "integrated exhausts" don't come with the D4 then?

I'm hoping that's the FWD D4 or else my little dealer friend is in for a kicking on Monday.!

Really like look of the new front.

Can't wait for July 1st.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 18:24   #102
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docs View Post
The so-called "integrated exhausts" don't come with the D4 then?

I'm hoping that's the FWD D4 or else my little dealer friend is in for a kicking on Monday.!

Really like look of the new front.

Can't wait for July 1st.
The integrated pipes comes with the D4 AWD and NOT the FWD D4.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 20:03   #103
willin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
The integrated pipes comes with the D4 AWD and NOT the FWD D4.
Yeah, my D4 AWD has the integrated pipes ( looks great). Must try and get some pics up ASAP. Mind you it needs cleaning already!
willin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 20:18   #104
Docs

Twin pipes it is then ,my dealer can sleep easy I won't be kicking him in the morning.
Had an Evoque as a loaner, dealer had a customer for my 2010 but he's now given me a V40 until end of month. Nice car it's a D2 same as Mrs D's C30 but gearbox seems much smoother, can't think why?
Really like the keyless drive, apparently it's standard but not on the XC60?
Seems a really strange omission.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 22:12   #105
norco

Yes, it's a shame the FWD SE is penalised with regard to the tail pipes and I wasn't happy when the next spec sheet came out after I had ordered where it was more specific. Anyway, just done 450 miles, mainly motorway, and it's a very nice place to be for long journeys. The accelerator is a little high after a floor mounted VW pedal and both myself and OH got pain over the ankle within a couple of hours which I am hoping is not going to be a regular occurrence. Fuel consumption was 38mpg which was a little lower than anticipated but that should (better!) improve as the engine settles (trying the Honest John running in method!). Lovely big boot is handy but I am considering a custom boot liner with bumper flap to keep it nice if bikes go in. The nice shiny bumper looks like it needs some protection so may look if volvo do some polymer film as well - my attempts with Helicopter tape on my bike are not very pretty so that option has been vetoed. Love the LED lights and stereo (standard) though and overall very impressed. D4 engine is absolutely fine and it has dispelled any lingering doubts having only driven the D5 as a demo.
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norco For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 17:20   #106
spaceman2844

Have a D4 FWD SE on order with an upgrade to heated leather seats.

Norco, what do you think of the new Valder alloys? I saw them on the showroom car and I thought they actually looked better than the two 18 inch options on the SE Lux. To be honest, I couldn't justify an additional 1500 quid for the SE (after adding the leather) just to get slightly larger alloys. Not bothered about Xenons and electrically adjustable driver's seat and would rather spend the extra money on a towbar and Tempa spare which is what I've done. I still have a slight nagging doubt that I should maybe go for larger alloys, but having test driven with 20 inch and 18 inch (drove a manual and geartronic) the ride was just a bit bumpy for me, particulary the 20inch. Are you happy with the 17 inch wheels and do they look OK on the XC60?
spaceman2844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 17:47   #107
norco

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman2844 View Post
Have a D4 FWD SE on order with an upgrade to heated leather seats.

Norco, what do you think of the new Valder alloys? I saw them on the showroom car and I thought they actually looked better than the two 18 inch options on the SE Lux. To be honest, I couldn't justify an additional 1500 quid for the SE (after adding the leather) just to get slightly larger alloys. Not bothered about Xenons and electrically adjustable driver's seat and would rather spend the extra money on a towbar and Tempa spare which is what I've done. I still have a slight nagging doubt that I should maybe go for larger alloys, but having test driven with 20 inch and 18 inch (drove a manual and geartronic) the ride was just a bit bumpy for me, particulary the 20inch. Are you happy with the 17 inch wheels and do they look OK on the XC60?
Valders are fantastic looking and imo better looking than some of the more expensive options plus no kerb issues.Well worth the boot liner l got the hatchbag one, not cheap at £120 but great fit. Got 2 road bike frames plus 4 wheels in boot with seats up and load cover over for the Alps in the summer. Bit irritated the fwd now does come with twin tails although not overly impressed after seeing them in the flesh. Av 43.4 now after 6k miles. One drawback is offset media screen which l find potentially dangerous as it's easy to drift with the light steering. Got to the point l only mess with it when stationary. Maybe higher spec have info on speedo area? Not a patch on the vw golf where it's line of sight straight ahead in the dash display as well as side screen. Surprised at Volvo as safety issue really. Still love the car though.

Last edited by norco; Dec 7th, 2013 at 18:11. Reason: errors!
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 17:52   #108
norco

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco View Post
Yes, it's a shame the FWD SE is penalised with regard to the tail pipes and I wasn't happy when the next spec sheet came out after I had ordered where it was more specific. Anyway, just done 450 miles, mainly motorway, and it's a very nice place to be for long journeys. The accelerator is a little high after a floor mounted VW pedal and both myself and OH got pain over the ankle within a couple of hours which I am hoping is not going to be a regular occurrence. Fuel consumption was 38mpg which was a little lower than anticipated but that should (better!) improve as the engine settles (trying the Honest John running in method!). Lovely big boot is handy but I am considering a custom boot liner with bumper flap to keep it nice if bikes go in. The nice shiny bumper looks like it needs some protection so may look if volvo do some polymer film as well - my attempts with Helicopter tape on my bike are not very pretty so that option has been vetoed. Love the LED lights and stereo (standard) though and overall very impressed. D4 engine is absolutely fine and it has dispelled any lingering doubts having only driven the D5 as a demo.
Wrong quote!!!

Last edited by norco; Dec 7th, 2013 at 18:06. Reason: Wrong quote!
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 00:15   #109
Dossantos

Talking Santa is real!

Since starting this thread in March 2013 I can finally say that I almost have my car.

I started this thread to update members on the MY2014 XC60 and use your opinions to determine whether or not I should get one.

Made a call to the dealership today and they'd just been told that it'll be amongst their next delivery

Just in time for Christmas.
Dossantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2013, 07:24   #110
Crockers
Premier Member

I would wait until January to register it.