Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 T4 LPG high rpm running problem

Views : 3525

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 13:10   #11
metallista

Default landi

I don't know whether is OBD called but we can map and change all settings live when driving the car. The car never changes from gas to gasoline fuel even when the car is struggling over 3800rpms. I didn't mentioned smth- some times when running it on gas the car flyes like running on gasoline. When I try to do it again it fails. That happens when I'm starting the car on gasoline and then turn to gas and immediately accellerate. Is it possible that the car's ECU needs some time to adjust and then gives false information to the gas ECU?

After tomorrow we'll try to make the evaporator's pressure higher.

The installers are working with that gas injection system since 2001, so I beleive they are enough experienced.

Greetings!
metallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 16:56   #12
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I'd not do anything with the gas pressure yet.

You need to be taking a look at the cars fuel trims. You will need a hand held OBD/EOBD reader to plug into the car that will read live data. Most LPG installers will use an AEB one that is quite good.
Ideal both fast and slow trims will be close to 0 when running on petrol but they will be moving quite quickly usualy between +10 to -10
After driving on petrol for a while and looking the trims switch to LPG and keeping the RPM's below the problem area make sure the trims are very close to what they were on petrol. If they are off then the LPG map needs adjusting untill they are very close to the same.

the numbers in the map should be lowest 90 and highest about 150. Sometimes you can't keep them within those numbers but if they out of that range let me know.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 13:32   #13
metallista

The problem is solved! We plugged second vacuum to the evaporator and the idle pressure raised to 1.4bars. Then we made some adjustments in the gas table. Thanx for all advices that you've shared with me!
metallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2011, 21:50   #14
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Glad it is solved. Had a feeling it was the compensation vacuum pipe. Not being used to Landi did not know it uses two!

Pleased all is well and as always happy to pass on advise.

Nice to get a sorted reply
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 10:00   #15
Smita

Default Volvo V40 1,9 T4 on LPG

Hi Metalista,

Unfortunately I saw the thread kind of late. Honestly I am not an expert in the LPG systems, as I am more familiar with the way how petrol engine works and I am not a fan of LPG systems. Anyway, I am also from Bulgaria and 1 year ago I bought V40 1,9 t4 (1998) the first engine. My friend who sold it to me had it already installed with LPG and some fast injectors. The car was fine, of course there were small interruptions here and there, as usual for LPG. Apart from these it was running great. Couple of mnths later the car started rubbing its nose down arounf 3500-4000RPM when running on LPG, meaning it would die and the engine would stop your acceleration hard, then it would keep running till 6K+ RPM. I mostly ran it on 100 Octane because of that, but few months later I found that the vacuum hose coming out of the air flow meter (debitomer) is broken. I replaced the broken plastic pipe endi with a rubber hose to keep vacuum to the MAP sensor and the car started running pretty well again on LPG. Therefore I wanted to tell you check the vacuums, but you have it solved. I have another issue now while running on petrol, but I will open a new thread. Can you tell me if your coolant temp gets above 102 on A/C during Bulgarian summer, as this may be my problem. The car stops accelerating through the higher RPM range when hot (running on petrol 100 octane). Please tell me your temp level, as my dash is digital.
you may call me at 0884828118
Thanks.
Smita is offline   Reply With Quote