Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 LPT Estate Wanted

Views : 20851

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 4th, 2014, 23:00   #1
Stewartb1

Default 940 LPT Estate Wanted

Looking For 940 LPT Estate (preferably black/grey/dark colour but all considered) mileage not of concern Mot preferable so it can be collected, ideally looking for manual but auto not an issue if its the right car please pm me with price location & photos thanks.
Stewartb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 22:51   #2
B7TMW

What a shame you are so far away.

I have a silver one about to come up for sale. Has about 10 months MOT (flew through with no advisories) and JUST turned 90k on the clock. It has loads of history but is due a service.

It has had a new thermostat, Battery, plugs, rear exhaust box, the AC dry joint fault fixed (the compressor now clicks in and out and it chills a tad but needs a regas) and a new windscreen for this years MOT a couple of months back.

I have a new drivers door, painted in correct colour which needs to be fitted. This is required due to some damage along under the rubbing strip.

It's a 97 R manual car. Interior is excellent in grey half leather. Still has it's hard floor trays, handbooks, tool kit etc.

External it's very clean (Apart from the drivers door mentioned above) with a few small scratches and chips but it looks exceptional. Even the headlight wipers still work!!! The wheels are in excellent shape.

Drives well. If you fancy making the journey? I'm down near Gatwick.

I can't send PMs apparently due to lack of posts? So here she is:

This was taken before the new exhaust:

Not many about with this mileage and in this condition now.

Let me know if interested and I'll get my mobile number to you somehow.

Cheers
Trev
B7TMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2014, 23:01   #3
Laney760
VOC Member

If I can get hold of a 'sport', I will have a metallic blue 2.3 lpt coming up for sale soon, P reg, service history, tailgate spoiler, 7 seat conversion, manual M90, floortrays, half leather seats, working aircon, roof rails, etc.. 100,000 on the clock but true mileage about 105,000, intermittent speedo last year or so

Also have genuine Volvo removeable roof bars with three x bicycle holder to throw in as well

£500 spent in last month on full service, front discs, pads all round

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 20:14   #4
Stewartb1

Pmed both of above thanks
Old Aug 6th, 2014, 20:18   #5
B7TMW

And replied (I hope as this should be my 30th post!)
B7TMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 20:53   #6
Laney760
VOC Member

Hey Stewart, I've just posted a thread in tecchy section 'Help me make a decision'

I guess the advice I receive there will determine whether I sell or not, thinking of going fwd for a lot of winter driving out in the sticks

Forgot to add she's also got the load cover and dog guard

Ellie

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2014, 09:17   #7
Stewartb1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laney760 View Post
Hey Stewart, I've just posted a thread in tecchy section 'Help me make a decision'

I guess the advice I receive there will determine whether I sell or not, thinking of going fwd for a lot of winter driving out in the sticks

Forgot to add she's also got the load cover and dog guard

Ellie
Ok no bother just let me know, if it would interest you i do have an 850 2.5 (thats got front wheels, and they are driven! ideal eh?) thats had a S*** tonne of servicing and parts replaced with all the extras on it and the original bill of sale from 96

Edit: read your other post, unfortunately my car is N/A still lovely motor with nice sounding 5 pot

Last edited by Stewartb1; Aug 10th, 2014 at 09:23. Reason: Read other post you want t5
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 18:32   #8
BarryK
40 years with Volvo

I have a 940 '97 CD Classic which I will break for spares if there is no interest in someone taking the car complete for a reasonable offer. Has been well maintained mechanically, drive train has no problems but there are some rust problems to be resolved and it needs new brake discs. MOT expired last month.
Only 2 hours away!
BarryK is offline   Reply With Quote