Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New 2 me V70

Views : 2888

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 11th, 2019, 22:13   #21
MCFastybloke

So this morning i bought some ply and made the floor.i wont put a picture up yet as i made a small error in the trim suppliers over the colour.I got some carpet in a beautiful match, to the exterior
MCFastybloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 21:00   #22
MCFastybloke

This is what the finished article looks like, having now bought some flooring in a correct colour and redone the cosmetic part.

Old Apr 12th, 2019, 21:05   #23
MCFastybloke

Pictures(first ive posted here) have come across from photobucket massive, cant work it out.
Old Apr 13th, 2019, 11:15   #24
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Wow! That picture needs resizing.

(If you are having difficulty loading from a hosting site, just attach the picture from your computer using the attach files box beneath the drafting window when you're posting.)

Do you have a picture of the spare in place and what the job looks like beneath the floor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boot Floor.jpg (17.8 KB, 19 views)
Old Apr 14th, 2019, 16:32   #25
MCFastybloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsfield View Post
Wow! That picture needs resizing.

(If you are having difficulty loading from a hosting site, just attach the picture from your computer using the attach files box beneath the drafting window when you're posting.)

Do you have a picture of the spare in place and what the job looks like beneath the floor?

Certainly will post one up next week as i have to form some shuttering for the expanding foam in going to use to support the tyre from below, this will stop it jamming in the wheel well as it tapers with depth.
The plant is to cover the outside face of the wheel in cling film or similar and support it temporary, allowing me to squirt expanding foam in to shutter to form the support structure for the rim, also a surface to nip it down with using the long spindle that secured the spacesaver.

In the meantime the trailing arm bush is sqealing like a trapped cat, need to borrow or buy a bush tool from anybody who can help.
Old May 14th, 2019, 14:20   #26
MCFastybloke

Did some of the V70 come without a center armrest in the back?
Old May 16th, 2019, 03:21   #27
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
Did some of the V70 come without a center armrest in the back?
Yes, pre-2011 (I think) it was an option only (c.£35 iirc) even on SE Lux - became standard thereafter.
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocat For This Useful Post:
Old May 17th, 2019, 20:04   #28
MCFastybloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocat View Post
Yes, pre-2011 (I think) it was an option only (c.£35 iirc) even on SE Lux - became standard thereafter.

My car was specced by a tightwad then
Old May 17th, 2019, 21:15   #29
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
My car was specced by a tightwad then
When I ordered our new V70 in 2008, I didn’t get the armrest either but it was because I mis-interpreted the options listing.
IIRC, it was described as ‘Rear seat armrest with cupholders & storage’ and I thought well, we rarely have anyone in the back of our cars so didn’t seem necessary to waste £35 on something we rarely use (we were on a tight budget, already punching above our weight getting our first new Volvo!) so we’d just settle for what we thought would be the standard armrest without cupholders & storage... never thinking that a car of that calibre wouldn’t have a rear armrest at all, as standard...!
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvocat For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2019, 18:50   #30
MCFastybloke

On the lookout for one now