Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06> / C30 '07-'12 General
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

S40 / V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06> / C30 '07-'12 General Forum for the S40 / V50 '04> / C70 '06> /C30 '07> models.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T5 / D5 real life acceleration test

Views : 1039

Replies : 45

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 13:07   #11
Markos01
Junior Member
 
Markos01's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 10:22
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: London
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
I hope thats your way of saying "I will do similar test in safe conditions as soon as I can" ? :P

Yobbo - well, I am pleasantly surprised how it compares with new(ish) and more powerful cars. Dont worry too much about precise measuring etc, its just for general idea and reall wont matter if you can do it in 9.2 or 9.5 :}
That 0.3 means everything LOB!!

I'd love a go at this but this weekend the car will be two up and with weekend luggage :-(
__________________
2010 C30 T5
Markos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 13:29   #12
LizardOfBodom
Premier Member
 
LizardOfBodom's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:47
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dublin/Meath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
That 0.3 means everything LOB!!

I'd love a go at this but this weekend the car will be two up and with weekend luggage :-(
Hehe, 0.3s for drag racers is probably a year of hard work on engine tune fortunately Im not one of them :P
Have a try with your C some day when empty, would be interested to see how it compares :}
__________________
2005 V50 T5AWD M66, Stage1 Hilton tune
E-focus torque mount, E46 bi-xenon retrofit v2 , DTSC fully-off mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads
LizardOfBodom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 13:41   #13
Yobbo
Dave
 
Yobbo's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 10:56
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: East Yorkshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
Inspired, I tried this last night, but with a twist, it was a straight downhill section, well a vertical cliff face to be fair (1500mtr drop).

The car managed 0-85 in 2.64 seconds!



Just need a new car now...
Impressive!
__________________
V50 D5 'Thor'
Yobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 14:26   #14
domhart10
Volvo S40
 
domhart10's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:14
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Truro
Default

had a quick go at this to get something on here but would of been much quicker from 2nd. But just started from 3rd and kept it there.

Got one from 30 and another from 40. Would need to get a proper clam for the phone if I were to shift.

3rd from 30 by Dom Hartland, on Flickr

3rd from 40 by Dom Hartland, on Flickr
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Current: 2009 Volvo S40 T5
Progress Thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271945

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 14:57   #15
LizardOfBodom
Premier Member
 
LizardOfBodom's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:47
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dublin/Meath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
had a quick go at this to get something on here but would of been much quicker from 2nd. But just started from 3rd and kept it there.

Got one from 30 and another from 40. Would need to get a proper clam for the phone if I were to shift.
Wow, thats much quicker than mine.
Now - some data please. Your is mapped aswell right? remind me please roughly what HP ?
Also, is your manual or Auto? dont see AUTO gear indication so I am thinking its MT, but then you are getting 140kmh at 5.5k RPM where I am at the redline. Its 3rd gear from start to end?
__________________
2005 V50 T5AWD M66, Stage1 Hilton tune
E-focus torque mount, E46 bi-xenon retrofit v2 , DTSC fully-off mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads
LizardOfBodom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 15:05   #16
domhart10
Volvo S40
 
domhart10's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:14
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Truro
Default

Yeh mine is mapped as well but to be honest I have no idea what extra gain I got out of it. It is a manual, so yeh if I started in 2nd at 30mph it would of been much better as 30 in 3 is literally just sitting below or on the line of where the turbo comes in.

were you in 3rd as well? my 3rd should take me up past 90mph.
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Current: 2009 Volvo S40 T5
Progress Thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271945

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 15:11   #17
LizardOfBodom
Premier Member
 
LizardOfBodom's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:47
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dublin/Meath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
Yeh mine is mapped as well but to be honest I have no idea what extra gain I got out of it. It is a manual, so yeh if I started in 2nd at 30mph it would of been much better as 30 in 3 is literally just sitting below or on the line of where the turbo comes in.

were you in 3rd as well? my 3rd should take me up past 90mph.
Yes, my run was entirely on 3rd aswell.
The difference in gears are mad, look at mine - I start from almost 3k RPM and end up at almost 7 where you stroll from 2 to merely 5.5. I know AWD and FWD had different gearboxes (final drive to be exact, I think) but that is huge difference.
I will have to try mine with 2nd->3rd aswell but I am not sure if that will gain me anything - with my gear spacing I will be starting at probably way over 4k, then shifting... will check anyway

Your map is s1 from Shark? or better?
__________________
2005 V50 T5AWD M66, Stage1 Hilton tune
E-focus torque mount, E46 bi-xenon retrofit v2 , DTSC fully-off mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads
LizardOfBodom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 15:19   #18
domhart10
Volvo S40
 
domhart10's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:14
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Truro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Yes, my run was entirely on 3rd aswell.
The difference in gears are mad, look at mine - I start from almost 3k RPM and end up at almost 7 where you stroll from 2 to merely 5.5. I know AWD and FWD had different gearboxes (final drive to be exact, I think) but that is huge difference.
I will have to try mine with 2nd->3rd aswell but I am not sure if that will gain me anything - with my gear spacing I will be starting at probably way over 4k, then shifting... will check anyway

Your map is s1 from Shark? or better?
yeh thats quite a difference, I will try and get something better over the weekend from 2nd which would be better suited for accelerating.

But my map is just some generic one from Demon Tweaks.
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Current: 2009 Volvo S40 T5
Progress Thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271945

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 15:28   #19
LizardOfBodom
Premier Member
 
LizardOfBodom's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:47
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dublin/Meath
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
yeh thats quite a difference, I will try and get something better over the weekend from 2nd which would be better suited for accelerating.

But my map is just some generic one from Demon Tweaks.
Great, please do, thats an interesting stuff here.

DO you have any other power-increasing mods, like exhaust/CAI etc? I think overall you have much more HP than me as even on s1 alone you will go higher due to FL engine and more stock power. Oh, have u ever checked your reported boost pressure?
__________________
2005 V50 T5AWD M66, Stage1 Hilton tune
E-focus torque mount, E46 bi-xenon retrofit v2 , DTSC fully-off mod, Black Diamond braided b.l.+Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads
LizardOfBodom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 15:41   #20
domhart10
Volvo S40
 
domhart10's Avatar
 

Last Online: Today 11:14
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Truro
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Great, please do, thats an interesting stuff here.

DO you have any other power-increasing mods, like exhaust/CAI etc? I think overall you have much more HP than me as even on s1 alone you will go higher due to FL engine and more stock power. Oh, have u ever checked your reported boost pressure?
Nope I havent checked any boost pressure or anything on my car. It has a genric remap with a catback 2.5" Jetex exhaust, k&n drop in air filter into the oem airbox, 3" induction pipe, and a bell intercooler. all other things are handling mods.
__________________
-----------------------------------------
Current: 2009 Volvo S40 T5
Progress Thread: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=271945

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.