Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Valeo parking sensor

Views : 1170

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 12:32   #1
Simiewimie

Default Valeo parking sensor

Hi.

Can anybody confirm if it is acceptable to the car, to replace a single (presumably original Volvo) parking sensor with the Valeo JLR equivalent, or would it need the whole lot replacing in order to be error free?

Car is a 2008 XC90.

Many thanks
Simon
Simiewimie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simiewimie For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 2nd, 2017, 13:37   #2
Swg911

Hi,

My advice would be to replace them all as once the 1st one fails the others are likely to follow shortly after. It's a fairly time consuming job - took me about 3 hours to do mine and I wouldn't want to have to repeat it too often. Changed all mine on my 2007 model.
Swg911 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swg911 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 4th, 2017, 15:36   #3
gmonag
Premier Member

However, it is acceptable to the car to replace one or more sensors at a time.
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 13:33   #4
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Should be ok as long as the correct parts are fitted. Don't buy cheap ones that aren't compatible: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=267086
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon Jones For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 25th, 2017, 20:14   #5
detgnome

So, slightly confused about which parking sensor to get as a replacement. I have confirmed that the Volvo part number is 30765108 for my 05 XC90, but I have also read in several threads that you can use a JLR part 9G92-15K859-AB and this is a cheaper alternative. The parts do look different though so can anyone confirm that the parts are interchangeable?

Thanks in advance....
detgnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2017, 22:19   #6
Simiewimie

Hi.
Happy to confirm the JLR part works perfectly. 👍🏻
I only replaced one the other week, and it is working fine.
Simiewimie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2017, 15:34   #7
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by detgnome View Post
So, slightly confused about which parking sensor to get as a replacement. I have confirmed that the Volvo part number is 30765108 for my 05 XC90, but I have also read in several threads that you can use a JLR part 9G92-15K859-AB and this is a cheaper alternative. The parts do look different though so can anyone confirm that the parts are interchangeable?

Thanks in advance....
Be careful, from memory the JLR/Valeo sensors only fit the facelift 2007 onwards XC90. The sensors on a 2005 are different and are not interchangeable.

It is OK to replace one sensor but only fit a genuine Volvo one as the cheaper ones on ebay are not compatible when mixed with genuine ones. However, if you replace all four with cheaper ebay ones they work fine.

As someone has said it is a time consuming job to remove and separate the bumper and sensors so you only want to do it once! It's worth considering changing the sensor loom too as it can be damaged by damp and heat from the exhaust tailpipes.

I replaced my sensors with four off ebay together with a genuine loom over 3 years ago and they have worked perfectly ever since. Total cost was around £70 as opposed to £60 for one Volvo sensor!
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 23:03   #8
P4P

Default Alternative parking sensors to volvo p/n

Yes, I can confirm that the 9g92-15k859-ab (ford) sensors worked for my xc90. I had a drivers side sensor (No 4) faulty so was able to buy 4 sensors for less than £30 and all working perfectly now.
P4P is offline   Reply With Quote