Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Optimism and Pessimism

Views : 469

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2010, 07:27   #1
9000Parts

Default Optimism and Pessimism

Well, the 960 is still alive and running despite the gearbox dramas that Ive had and now ive put about 600Km on the clock Im beginning to understand the car and its little habits.

The Optimism:

Yesterday (Monday 27th December) the external temperature was showing 29C! OK, it was pretty warm but it was in the low to mid-20s most of the day.

The Pessimism:

I filled the car when I bought it with both LPG and some 97RON. It sot me 265TL to fill the petrol tank from empty. Yesterday I put 60TL in the tank as the guage was showing very close to empty and this took it back to 1/2 tank again.

So, are these 2 little niggles common to all 960s or do I have a 'special' one that needs some TLC. The nearest Volvo dealer is 260Km away and with the gearbox fault not yet rectified I cant do any long distance to get it into a dealer so they can plug the car in and reset things.

Plenty of other little problems to sort out as well. Fixed the electric seats once but the drivers one unfixed itself again.
9000Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2010, 13:58   #2
roadcar2000

Fuel gauges can be unreliable on alot of the 9 series. But when you get a good one they are very accurate. Temp only in the mid 20's. poor you. Well below freezing here.
roadcar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote