Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240(245) Minor restoration

Views : 3854

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 23rd, 2015, 15:13   #21
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I have the air shocks as replacements for the factory kit. I will check and see if I have any of the air pumps and fittings etc for them.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2015, 20:11   #22
presario85

thanks - I look forward to hearing from you!

Just another quick update - After lots of fiddling and fettling I got the Alfa seats in. Getting the passenger seat in was a total doddle (seized bolts on the Alfa rails aside). The drivers seat on the other hand was a nightmare - the Alfa driver seat rails were completely different to the drivers seat! No holes lined up and when the rails were off it was really clear it just wasnt going to be straight forward! I have to cut new holes for all bolts and when the new bolts were in the rails were jamming on them. Only way round it for me was to make some spacers from plastic drawer supports I had lying in the tool box which gave me enough clearance for the rail to slide. then, just to add to things, the Volvo rail decided to completely seize out of the blue. I had to strip it all apart and soak it overnight in some penetrating fluid. Thankfully that did the trick and I've covered the rails in copper grease so hopefully it wont happen again!

Anyways, here's a quick couple of pics of the seats in situ (apologies for poor quality - it was dark out and I've no garage so I've just been working in the drive and on the street!)

http://imgur.com/JfDoexz

http://imgur.com/U6ugoDZ

My Volvo 240 hoody arrived today and my clear repeater lens' should be hear tomorrow so I'm like a kid at christmas at the moment, but I'm still on the lookout for a few interior pieces so if you've any for sale, let me know.

Thanks.

Michael
presario85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to presario85 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2015, 20:44   #23
peter740

Just been through your thread. Good job on purchasing that 240 and those Alfa seats look brilliant. Keep up the good work. Hopefully there will be a NI meet in the summer and we can all get a looksee at your car. Be good to see a 240 out as well.
peter740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter740 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2015, 20:50   #24
john h
VOC Member

Looks good!

John

john h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john h For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 9th, 2015, 19:59   #25
presario85

Sorry it's all gone a bit quiet folks - between a family trip to Disney, a weekend away in Dublin with the Mrs and a serious bout of flu working it's way through the family, I've had no time to do anything.......other than online shop that is!

In the past couple of weeks I managed to get round to ordering a gorgeous Momo wood and leather steering wheel, the appropriate steering boss, some clear side repeaters and a new set of speakers for the front doors - my current ones are aftermarket and too deep so the windows didn't go down as the speakers blocked their path.

After my daily driver (lpg smart) broke down and left me stranded mid-way to work today, I took the day the off and decided to spend an hour or two on Betty..... I mean the Volvo - i'm absolutely not the sort of person who names a car!!! :S

Anyways...... I tackled the steering wheel first. After removing the cover and realising that I didnt have a socket that would fit the nut, I did some searching around the forum and found I'd need a 27mm deep socket, so after a quick trip to my local motor factors, I was ready to go. Everything from then on went relatively straight forward, here's a few links to pics of the work....

http://imgur.com/qgV4NXs
http://imgur.com/gQfWt1N
http://imgur.com/CEjDO7A
http://imgur.com/wGFXAZ4

You'll also note the speakers shown in one of those pics. I bought these after doing some reading online I found these pioneers were supposedly a straight replacement, however after removing the old ones, the new ones are way too small to fill the gap left - I'm going to have to either make some brackets to mount to the rear of the door car for the speakers to mount too or find alternative speakers - anyone any advice for me?!

In the interim, I've just stuck the old ones back in - my windows may not work, but at least I have sounds!!

Unfortunately, all the faffing with the speakers meant I lost the light before I got the new repeaters on, so pics of those will follow.

In the meantime - I'm still on the hunt for a few bits that I'm having issues tracking down, so if anyone has any of the following available, drop me a line via pm or on this thread!

- Front door speaker grilles of any colour (horizontal grilles - not the mesh type)
- Handbrake surround trim of any colour
- Egg crate grille
- 40mm lowering springs (cheapest I can see online is £154)
- Chrome headlight surrounds

thanks

Michael!
presario85 is offline   Reply With Quote