Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V50 2.0D DPF & Engine System Service Warning.

Views : 1954

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2016, 20:29   #11
CoreyDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloders2 View Post
a new dpf is only going to cost in the order of 250 - so your 550 limit is adewuate id say.
with any second hand car there will be niggles whihc need putting right, but the major bit should be ok?
Really? I'd been lead to believe they were stupidly expensive. If that's all, should be absolutely fine. Just hoping the gearbox issue isn't something more serious. I've seen a few Ford owners had the same symptoms and said a oil/filter change on the box sorted it. Fingers crossed!
CoreyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2016, 20:33   #12
Bloders2

just looked on euro car parts for one for my car (a 1.6 D2) and the web price is about 350.
ive got a euro car parts accoiunt (do a reasonable amount through them) and get quite a lot knocked off very often, so a garage doing a greater volume should get more discount.

when i buy decent stuff off ECP with my acvcount, is cheaper than anything i can find on the web generally
Bloders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2016, 20:42   #13
daveyonthemove

Quote:
just looked on euro car parts for one for my car (a 1.6 D2) and the web price is about 350.
ive got a euro car parts accoiunt (do a reasonable amount through them) and get quite a lot knocked off very often, so a garage doing a greater volume should get more discount.

when i buy decent stuff off ECP with my acvcount, is cheaper than anything i can find on the web generally
Don't forget the Eolys fluid on top.
And getting the ECU to recognise Eolys top up.
And labour.

£550 could be cutting it fine.
daveyonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2016, 22:29   #14
dave79

Default dpf

I don't think there is ELOYS with this dpf system its dry type on powershift cars.
dave79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dave79 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 09:49   #15
Bungo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave79 View Post
I don't think there is ELOYS with this dpf system its dry type on powershift cars.
Is that right, I've not heard that before, interesting.
The easiest way to check is look for ADM in secret menu.
Dry are said to be good for 140k +, depending on driving conditions.
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 10:14   #16
CoreyDog

Well back from the garage.

DPF is knackered and needs a replacement. At idle it was reading 54 when it should be around 7. They tried a forced regen but car wouldn't have it. Gearbox also needs an oil and filter change.

With parts all supplied from Volvo the cost was going to be £989!

Luckly it didn't need new sensor or pipes so brought cost down alittle. Ended up finding an aftermarket DPF with a 3 year warranty for £165. So DPF replacement is only £270.

Gearbox and filter change is abit pricier than I thought at £230 but that's Volvo oil and filter.

Total cost for all work comes in at £499.08. I felt abit cheeky asking dealer to pay for the gearbox oil change as that's a servicing issue but have agreed the dealer contributes £299.08 and I pay the remaining £200 which I'm happy with.

Garage was very suprised as it's only the second 2.0D that needed a DPF replacement he had ever seen, says the 1.6D he sees regular for them.

In tomorrow for the work carrying out and (fingers crossed) a good car that will do me for years to come.
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 10:23   #17
RenarsLV

Nice to see how good the pricing is for dpf nowdays. Common sense wins.
RenarsLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 11:27   #18
Bloders2

cheaper than i expected for A DPF
should all be ok then

200 extra on a car isnt in my opinion that bad. after all, its not brand new is it, so it will likely have the odd thing.
Bloders2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 12:49   #19
CoreyDog

Quote:
cheaper than i expected for A DPF
should all be ok then

200 extra on a car isnt in my opinion that bad. after all, its not brand new is it, so it will likely have the odd thing.
Not bad at all really. I know it's a brand new DPF with a warranty so don't need to worry about that for a few years as it will get plenty of motorway miles with me.

Once gearbox oil is done, that's forgotten about for another 35k.

Just grateful I bought from a dealer as opposed to private, least I had alittle come back with the car.

All in all, good outcome really.
Old Sep 20th, 2016, 13:45   #20
Bungo
Premier Member

Posted on your other thread.
All sounds good. Nice car to drive, effortless and smooth