Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

s40 2.0d tuning

Views : 18698

Replies : 141

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 20th, 2011, 23:42   #21
benr7310
Master Member

reading back through all what one 'know it all' guy has posted on the focus forum, he phoned a number of tuning companies like superchips and celtic to find out what to do, he has said that a focus without a dpf can go to 185bhp with a custom map.
if you remove dpf, add exhaust system, intake system and an intercooler and you should see 195 with a custom map to dail in the extras

a custom map with the extras should put a massive smile on your face but for me its too costly.. im getting mine mapped by celtic tuning tomorrow 178bhp here i come!! haha
benr7310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 06:40   #22
VenomS40
08 Volvo S40 SE Sport R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by benr7310 View Post
reading back through all what one 'know it all' guy has posted on the focus forum, he phoned a number of tuning companies like superchips and celtic to find out what to do, he has said that a focus without a dpf can go to 185bhp with a custom map.
if you remove dpf, add exhaust system, intake system and an intercooler and you should see 195 with a custom map to dail in the extras

a custom map with the extras should put a massive smile on your face but for me its too costly.. im getting mine mapped by celtic tuning tomorrow 178bhp here i come!! haha
Mine hasnt got a DPF (thank god) and has a HEICO system fitted and plan on getting a nice ITG panel filter and then get it mapped and see what the outcome is? There was a post on here somewhere with a suggested intercooler....?

Where is Celtic tuning? 178 is a number I'd be happy with! How much did they quote you?

BTW your car looks smart mate, I'll keep my eyes open and see if I see you about Chelt/Glos area??

Volvo S40 SE Sport R-Design + Winter Pack
VenomS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 19:59   #23
benr7310
Master Member

celtic tuning are down south, but a bloke turned up at my work and mapped it for me there

and he said if im in the area down south then i can pop in for a free rolling road test :P

this car is a F**** ANIMAL now! and it was only £300

i am loving this power! really has made a massive difference, i cannot recomend it enough, it just pulls and pulls and pulls!

im usually knocking about in cheltenham, i dont venture over to glos too much - only when i go bowling really

Last edited by benr7310; Nov 21st, 2011 at 20:01.
Old Nov 21st, 2011, 20:24   #24
VenomS40

Quote:
celtic tuning are down south, but a bloke turned up at my work and mapped it for me there

and he said if im in the area down south then i can pop in for a free rolling road test :P

i am loving this power! really has made a massive difference, i cannot recomend it enough, it just pulls and pulls and pulls!

im usually knocking about in cheltenham, i dont venture over to glos too much - only when i go bowling really
Sounds good mate, will have a look into that as I want mine done soon, 180/190 is a nice number to be at or 178 (180 give or take ) if I can get any more out with what I've done so far than happy days. Well if you fancy meeting up anytime mate then give me a shout on here and I'll keep an eye out for ya.

Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 18:36   #25
benr7310
Master Member

haha yehh 178 is a verrry fun number :P
yehh if your thinking about a map then you might want to jump in mine and ill take you for a spin sometime, see if you like the power increase
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 18:38   #26
craigblues
VOC Member

178 is plenty, you will have a new car to drive. So much more fun and overtaking will become a dream.
craigblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 20:42   #27
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:

Good work! Sounds like fun - esp with all that diesel torque

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 03:59   #28
VenomS40

Quote:
haha yehh 178 is a verrry fun number :P
yehh if your thinking about a map then you might want to jump in mine and ill take you for a spin sometime, see if you like the power increase
Yeah please if your about this weekend I would like to see how much of a difference there is after a map.

T5 Monkey - I think it was you that posted an intercooler for the 2.0D?

Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 17:19   #29
benr7310
Master Member

well the car is in for a new flywheel and clutch at the moment (paid for by warranty - thankyou arnold clark!!)

but the car should be all done by saturday
think ill be free sunday at some point in the afternoon af your around
Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 17:36   #30
VenomS40

Quote:
well the car is in for a new flywheel and clutch at the moment (paid for by warranty - thankyou arnold clark!!)

but the car should be all done by saturday
think ill be free sunday at some point in the afternoon af your around
Sunday is fine mate, I'm busy Saturday. Just let me know when is best for you and I can meet you somewhere in chelt?