Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Clutch needs replacing.. :( advice/upgrades etc

Views : 2800

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 21:15   #11
Woodenman

When did the change over happen bart if I may ask purely out of intrest thanks for the info btw
Woodenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 22:15   #12
v40bart
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenman View Post
When did the change over happen bart if I may ask purely out of intrest thanks for the info btw
I changed the clutch and flywheel in September last year, DIY in my driveway over a weekend. Quite an easy job, tbh, just putting the sodding transmission back in there was a murder, had to use my neighbor's help.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:14   #13
Woodenman

Wife is hasseling me big time now to get it done. My search for an uprated clutch that is guaranteed to fit and an upgraded DMF or SMF conversion also ground to a halt. Im not sure if there are many people who have remaped there 2.0ds but if they have how is the standard equipment holding out, i dont want to replace it map it and have it all go tits up in 10k
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:29   #14
v40bart
Master Member

Don wrote somewhere (I think) that the standard clutch and DMF is good to 400 Nm torque. Mine dynoed at 410 Nm and I am driving on standard kit, no dramas so far. I have seen solid FW for the 2.0D somewhere. Google it.

I thing I would say is if you have a weak DMF a high torque remap will speed up it's demise. Mine went bang at the lights when I moved off rather quickly, it literary gave out a loud bang, the car snatched briefly and from then on it started making all kinds of noises and kicking back on the clutch pedal.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 12:25   #15
Woodenman

Im certainly not going to use it for burnouts but i want to have a bit more extra poke for overtaking mainly for saftey . Im sure my clutch was probably on the way out from the previous owner. Thanks for the info though bart appreciate it

Did you get your map done by Don or someone else, also what bhp is it putting out with that torque?. I read somwhere that the MMT6 box is good for 500mn but there is so much make believe on the web im never sure.

Thanks again.

So far found a sachs kits and LUK on fleabay from i hope reputables not sure what the differances of brand quality are both standard sets. Not sure why sachs more expensive? better maybe Eurocarparts come in more expensive at like £600 for the same stuff.

£559 inc postage
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V50-...item1c1ffd6495

£519.59 inc postage
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V50-...item3cbe051555

Last edited by Woodenman; Apr 21st, 2012 at 12:58.