Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Display turning off.

Views : 750

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 8th, 2019, 11:47   #1
Tresco85

Default Display turning off.

Yesterday when we were towing the caravan the display went blank and then come back on again but then after a few seconds it went off again and then come back on again and stayed on which caused it to forget the last journey, but what is really strange is it done this about the same time last year when we were touring with the caravan but we weren’t towing then. They done a software update when we got back and it never done it again until yesterday but really strange that it was about the same time as last year.
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 12:06   #2
cassell
Member since 1988

Hi,

Do you mean the sensus centre screen or the driver display screen went blank?

I tow with my V90 and have never experienced this but I do recall some owners of non towbar fitted SPA cars complaining of the loss of the sensus display momentarily and a software reset by Volvo cured the issue.
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 12:15   #3
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassell View Post
Hi,

Do you mean the sensus centre screen or the driver display screen went blank?

I tow with my V90 and have never experienced this but I do recall some owners of non towbar fitted SPA cars complaining of the loss of the sensus display momentarily and a software reset by Volvo cured the issue.
Yes I do mean the main centre display but I don’t think it has anything to do with towing as I wasn’t towing at the time last year when it went blank.
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 17:59   #4
apnicolle

The exact same thing used to happen to me (no towing involved), but only when driving past Birmingham. It did exactly the same thing on 5 or 6 different journeys, all which involved sat nav routes plotted past Brum, and always reset in different places on both the M1 and M6, but always when within 20 miles of Birmingham.

It’s not done it for the past few months, and I’m in Coventry this weekend and no repeat yet !
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2019, 21:28   #5
Harrys dad

Default Sensus screen blank

Hi All. Something very similar happened to my Sensus screen the other day. I've recently bought a very good 2013 XC70. I drove 20 miles using the Sat Nav. No problems in guiding me, It was raining and traffic was moderate. Having stopped at my destination, I got back in the car and the display didn't start. Then the Volvo symbol came on the centre display, but went off. It did this a few times as though it was re-booting. The maps screen (warning page) appeared, the radio started, but then went off again and the screen went blank. No functionality at all. I drove for about 15 minutes, in which time the display seemed to recycle, but would not start. I left the car for some 90 minutes, got back in and it all worked perfectly, and still does. Any ideas? Is a software update required?
Harrys dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2019, 13:51   #6
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrys dad View Post
Hi All. Something very similar happened to my Sensus screen the other day. I've recently bought a very good 2013 XC70. I drove 20 miles using the Sat Nav. No problems in guiding me, It was raining and traffic was moderate. Having stopped at my destination, I got back in the car and the display didn't start. Then the Volvo symbol came on the centre display, but went off. It did this a few times as though it was re-booting. The maps screen (warning page) appeared, the radio started, but then went off again and the screen went blank. No functionality at all. I drove for about 15 minutes, in which time the display seemed to recycle, but would not start. I left the car for some 90 minutes, got back in and it all worked perfectly, and still does. Any ideas? Is a software update required?
Best ask that on the forum that is relevant to your model. This isn't it I'm afraid, although it could be that a few people here have had old model cars in he past or have one as a second car.
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 07:49   #7
mr rusty

Read in to this what you like. A good few years ago we had a fiat cinquecento and the engine management light would come on as we passed BAE warton aerodrome. I didn't believe OH at first, but driving with her she said light will come on in a second, and it did. I have had sensus reboot on my V90 once - while driving under the heathrow flightpath at heathrow.