Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 160717

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 22:09   #11
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Default Sad end to dream

This is a sad end to a dream..........
But in many ways I have found it enlightening looking outside the cosy world of Volvo by reading the premium brands forum sites especially the JLR F-Pace & Velar sites.
The No 1 difference was just how many members appeared to have pretty fundamental faults that JLR appeared unable to fix with many members starting posting about “Rejecting my xxxx”. Many of these faults are pretty typical IMHO of a large manufacturer progressing ahead on too many fronts all at the same time with quite often new technologies to them which as we all know always has initial teething issues....... it with JLR moving ahead so fast they are unable to allocate resources to look back.......hence no learning takes place to make the next generation gain from earlier problems.

It was ironic that a key Velar forum member who owns several high value prestigious motors has just posted tonight the below to Arianne.

Re: Broken promises - Arianne’s Velar OSF wheel noise still unfixed
Post by VelarMan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:19 pm
Oh my days - this is a sad day indeed! Sorry to hear this.
Have a look at the Vovlo cars - they seem to be belting out some great stuff in the new XC90. 60 and now the XC40 too

And other member posted
Re: Broken promises - Arianne’s Velar OSF wheel noise still unfixed
Post by Ludo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm
sad day. but it's good that the head governs the heart for such matter...
Good luck with your choice.
+1 about the XC90. the latest edition is just a brilliant car. I had a chance to test drive one at montlery' circuit. the fully autoamted driving assistance works like a charm : brakes on its own when following a car, turn the steering wheel on its own, etc

Then I look back at our Volvo XC60 forum and realise just how lucky we are in comparison to many others with all their car problems. Admittedly we did have the D4 VEA engine problem with the EGR issue which Volvo eventually resolved as a result of their new pioneering technology engine design.......but it was fixed.

The above trials & tribulations from Arianne has now firmly convinced me that the next car to replace my 3 year old XC60 latter this year will be the 2nd generation XC60.
1. The latest version is now a complete step up from the previous model & really does take it into the Germanic levels, it even has air suspension...!!
2. It is being built on the already proven 2nd generation SPA platform from the XC90 and at the same factory having moved from Gent.
3. The 2nd build spec of the new XC60 will be MY19 that will be loaded on the configerator by the end of March I believe - which will again have ironed out any remaining niggles when the factory restarts production.

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan