Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 160661

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 13th, 2018, 21:05   #1541
GJB
Premier Member

Default V90 cc

Recently I changed from the XC60 R design to the V90 Cross Country D4 and am very impressed it goes well is very comfortable give one a try it might impress you.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 06:25   #1542
Crockers
Premier Member

When will you ever learn. NEVER BE A TEST MULE. You paid a fortune educating your son and it seems to have paid off as he's the only one in your family talking sense. Listen to him and gain the wisdom.

PS. If you negotiate like you write your posts I'm sure they soon cave in or give up the will to live.
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 09:03   #1543
xsaab
Master Member

Interesting to hear that the R part of JLR has inherited the issues that Rover had in the late 70s and 80s. My father spent months searching for a replacement fuel tank for his Rover (later model than the 2000). He eventually knew more about the R dealersip and supply chain than the R factory.

His problems were one of the many reasons I moved into the Swedish camp. I think I will be staying with them until my licence is confiscated.
xsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 10:59   #1544
isleaiw
Master Member

only you can make the decision but to me broken promises are the end of my relationship with that supplier - so if you can get out now I would do so. And judging by the other faults, there are too many other issues that you shouldnt be dealing with.

Lose the car and focus your time and efforts on looking after then parents and your job (might have an opinion on the pay settlement depending on which bit of the public sector you are referring to...)

Ian
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 12:25   #1545
simonjedrake
Premier Member

.......umh.....I am seriously NOT liking the sound of all the other niggly faults as well which on a brand new £70k car are not expected.......especially when you think 2 years down the line.

I am with your lad on this one, accept that JLR whilst pretty good for 95% of the time are not quite there yet at the very top levels of specifications.
Time to listen to your "inner self" which is not happen with the current situation, owning a high end motor is meant to be an enjoyable experience not a constant battle of emotions......!!
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 18:32   #1546
NigelDay
Premier Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, there is a split opinion in the Arianne household. Arianne and son seem to agree the Velar's days are numbered, but Mrs A wants to keep it. This is a difficult situation. Consider this resolution. When this thread was started, the SPA XC60 and the MQB Q5 had not arrived. Now they are here. New models yes, BUT they are both second-generation. Lessons have been learnt. Audi is not a foreign brand in the Arianne household as the lad has/had a TT.
So I would start by getting a value on the Velar to reject on 23 March. I would then take an XC60 and a Q5 and load them with lots of goodies to arrive at a similar price. Try and get two test drives in similar powertrain / suspension models to your chosen specification. Finally sit Mrs A down with the lad and have a review of the options.
Along with others, I really cannot see JLR resolving the multiple issues which now seem to be appearing, and at the £70k price point that really is not good enough. You may even find your 'sweet spot' specification on the XC60 or Q5 is rather less than the money you could walk away with on 23 March, in which case Mrs A could be 'bribed' with a gift of her choice.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 18:59   #1547
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Along with others, I really cannot see JLR resolving the multiple issues which now seem to be appearing, and at the £70k price point that really is not good enough. You may even find your 'sweet spot' specification on the XC60 or Q5 is rather less than the money you could walk away with on 23 March, in which case Mrs A could be 'bribed' with a gift of her choice.
I have just read a posting from Adrianne this pm on the Velar forum https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewto...start=10#p8428 that confirms that the “fix” for this problem that was originally going to be fitted to the F-Pace that shared this same issue by virtue of using the same drivetrain has now been withdrawn which IMHO is a game changer as it implies JLR having accepted the problem now cannot fix it.
Game over.
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 20:02   #1548
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I have just read a posting from Adrianne this pm on the Velar forum https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewto...start=10#p8428 that confirms that the “fix” for this problem that was originally going to be fitted to the F-Pace that shared this same issue by virtue of using the same drivetrain has now been withdrawn which IMHO is a game changer as it implies JLR having accepted the problem now cannot fix it.
Game over.
Then the case for rejection is total. Basically JLR know they have a problem with both cars and I'd be surprised if there was not an engineering fix, but I suspect the cost could be prohibitive. Unlike the VEA EGR issue, where a warning light comes on, the JLR issue is more subjective, and JLR are simply hoping most owners will never really notice it. However as I said earlier this is not acceptable in a £70k car. Gothenburg, Ingolstadt, Munich and Stuttgart must be laughing.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 13:05   #1549
Arianne
Premier Member

I have formally notified my dealer of our decision to reject today. I hope to hear more over the next few days. A very sad day. I found our Velar to be gorgeous but fundamentally flawed at the same time. This noise from the wheel, the flaky ICT, the paint blistering, the erratic tailgate, the condensation intrusion into the rear number plate lapholder knocking out the bulb, the failure of the Remote Start software to initiate the heated front screen for cold weather preconditioning and the faulty tailgate strut. My heart said yes, my head has finally overruled it and said no - as have my son and wife.

I have no idea what we will do next. I loved my F-Pace, I was heartbroken when I rejected her because I have never driven an SUV which had such thrilling and agile handling. I loved our Velar as we specified her to our exact requirements and she offered a calm, serene but connected drive. Both look gorgeous. I need a break from premium cars as I am not ready to take the risk again too soon.

Regards,

Arianne
Old Mar 15th, 2018, 15:13   #1550
NigelDay
Premier Member

It is a sad day because most of us buy our cars to enjoy them. If the enjoyment goes then the driving experience becomes tedious. I rejected my first V50 after 48 hours because the factory order was wrong, so I know how frustrated you must feel. The perfect car doesn't exist, but at least you should know before purchase that everything works as it designed to do. JLR have yet to appreciate this fundamental requirement.

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan