Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Register Keeper 850/V70 Models

Views : 24799

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2016, 11:17   #1
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default Register Keeper 850/V70 Models

850/V70 Register Keeper
After a number of years as The Register Keeper for the 850/V70 Series Nick Crady has decided to stand down from the position.
On behalf of the Board of Directors and the VOC Members I would like to thank Nick for the efforts he has put in to the position and wish him well in the future. If there is any member who would like to consider taking on this role for the club please contact me for further details

Many Thanks

Nigel Ayling
Director
Register Keeper Liaison.

Last edited by cumbrianmale; Jun 14th, 2016 at 23:55.
nigel335 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2017, 18:51   #2
Adept

Default 850 T5r Estate Auto

Just fitted a new head so my T5r is back on the road again. Is there still a register kept and if so is there anybody interested in my details.
Adept is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adept For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2017, 20:00   #3
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default 850/V70 Register Keeper

Sorry yes there is a new Register Keeper.

as Follows

850/V70 Register Keeper

Email: cjmann@aol.com

Full contact details on page 4 of driver

Nigel Ayling
nigel335 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2018, 01:17   #4
andrewc1267
Master Member

Default What information do you need

I have a 1999 v70r
andrewc1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewc1267 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 13:54   #5
GrimReaper1970
Virgin V70R owner :)

Talking V70R oil cooler pipes

1998 (S) V70R in Silver

Hi all has anybody got or be able to tell me where to get a pair of pipes that go from the radiator to the bottom front of the engine. If u were looking at it from the drivers side wing. Both of mine are weeping oil quite badly now but can't afford to take it off the road.

I would like to purchase some second-hand, so long as the metal parts are ok, to refurbish them, then replace the ones on the car.

These lines are only on the R version of the T5 as the oil cooler is integral to the radiator and not a small bolt on unit as with the standard T5. I can get them from main dealer, but 200 quid at this time of year not got.

Many thanks in advance.
GrimReaper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrimReaper1970 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 14:46   #6
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

I’m not that familiar with the pipes you mention- however I would be very surprised if a descent hydraulic supplier could not make them up for you, I’ve had quite a few oil lines & others made for classic cars ( Tom Parker Preston) but you should find a local company that will make them to your existing/specification.
Some can also reuse the fittings if necessary?
Good Luck.
Bob
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Meadows For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2018, 16:43   #7
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper1970 View Post
1998 (S) V70R in Silver

Hi all has anybody got or be able to tell me where to get a pair of pipes that go from the radiator to the bottom front of the engine. If u were looking at it from the drivers side wing. Both of mine are weeping oil quite badly now but can't afford to take it off the road.

I would like to purchase some second-hand, so long as the metal parts are ok, to refurbish them, then replace the ones on the car.

These lines are only on the R version of the T5 as the oil cooler is integral to the radiator and not a small bolt on unit as with the standard T5. I can get them from main dealer, but 200 quid at this time of year not got.

Many thanks in advance.
The oil cooler pipes will be the same on a T5 or any other turbo S/V/C70 up to 1999 when volvo changed the oil cooler setup to be on the rear of the sump. I wouldn't try to bodge second hand ones - if they fail while you are on the move you will lose oil pressure and very quickly wreck the engine.
I bought a new pair from volvo a few years ago for about £150 including the various seals and clips so the price has clearly gone up - have you tried Rufe with the forum discount?

A firm such as Pirtek should be able to make up something for you if you take the pipes to them but I would get a quote first as it would be pointless getting something custom made if it would cost more than volvo ones.

PS You don't need to drop the oil from the sump to replace these, particularly if the front end is jacked up, but you might lose a bit out of the cooler so check the oil level before firing up and after the first drive (when the oil has had chance to circulate round the system).

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acshortt5 For This Useful Post: