Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driver profile: Preferred Bluetooth device

Views : 1631

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 31st, 2020, 21:39   #1
mkelly21

Default Driver profile: Preferred Bluetooth device

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I don't see any mention of it...

My wife and I have noticed that our driver profiles don't save which Bluetooth device Sensus should connect to on startup. We both paired our phones while logged into our respective profiles. But Sensus always connects to the last device connected, irrespective of profile.

It DOES remember which source was active the last time that person drove. So, if I was streaming BT when I last drove, it will load BT on startup, but again...if my wife is with me, it connects to her phone instead.

I appreciate that both phones are always available for connecting, no matter who's driving (comes in handy when one person is driving, but the other wants to DJ). But shouldn't it default to my phone, rather than my wife's, when my profile loads at startup?

I've tried updating my profile while my phone is connected. But it doesn't have any effect. If she drove last (and used her phone), when I come back to the car (and her phone is within range), it still wants to connect to her phone first.

Am I missing something? Thanks.
mkelly21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 12:51   #2
Kentish

Try locking your profiles after your phone has connected, this ensures that any alterations to settings are not retained and should ensure that the correct phone pairs with the correct key

Previous MY18 S60 R-Design Lux Nav T4 Auto
Kentish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 22:21   #3
mkelly21

Thanks Kentish, I gave that a try and didn't work... I can't believe I'm the only person to experience this issue... surely others share their car with the missus...
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 23:39   #4
Tresco85

Don't think you will get it to work, have tried it and it always reconnects to the last connected phone which is very annoying.
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 13:01   #5
Kentish

That's strange, just been out this morning and tried it. My key, my phone connected, changed to the wifes key and her phone connected. I had both phones with me and only walked away from the car to change the key.
Don't know what else to suggest as it has been this way since we took delivery and the salesman showed us how to link the phones and set the profiles.

Previous MY18 S60 R-Design Lux Nav T4 Auto
Kentish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 14:13   #6
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkelly21 View Post
Thanks Kentish, I gave that a try and didn't work... I can't believe I'm the only person to experience this issue... surely others share their car with the missus...
Did you update the key profiles with each respective phone then lock each profile preventing further auto changes? This worked fine for me on my 90 so not sure why it wouldn't on your car
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 15:19   #7
skippyfox
VOC Member

Let the wife drive... Not a cat in hells chance. For all her good points, and she has many I hasten to add. Hand/eye coordination and spatial awareness is none existent, wouldn't trust her to drive sheep. She is a lovely lass though. And if she see's this you will find me in the local A and E.....
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skippyfox For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 22:26   #8
mkelly21

Mmm, I'm pretty sure that I connected my phone and then locked my profile and then did the same thing with the other phone..

I'll give it another try tomorrow.. Thanks for the help so far..

Cheers Mark
Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:04   #9
mkelly21

Now this is really weird.. I started from scratch and removed both the phones from bluetooth and just paired one.

The phone is connected fine. Then when I lock the car and come back to it later it says 'phone disconnected' I then have to click on the phone before it'll connect again.

Is there a known issue where Sensus doesn't reconnect the phone?

I clearly need to get this resolved before looking at profiles etc..

Thanks all for all your help so far..
Old Jun 3rd, 2020, 12:20   #10
weemark

No not for me - phone always auto reconnects with the car (as long as Bluetooth is enabled on the phone). My phone Samsung Galaxy S9 btw - is it a phone specific issue for you, ie what mobile do u use?