Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Loan car

Views : 1157

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 15:11   #11
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5Warrior View Post
Had mine serviced 2 weeks ago, had a V40 Inscription as a loaner, no charge.

PV Dobson in Cumbria
That’s my dealer as well
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 15:24   #12
Rustyfrog
Grumpy Pond Dweller

Had my V90 serviced just before lockdown.
My dealer foolishly lent me an XC90 T8.
That was fun and F.O.C.!

.................................................. ..
I thought that growing old would take a little longer
Rustyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyfrog For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 15:24   #13
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyfox View Post
My V90 goes in on Friday for it's 18,000 mile service and the dreaded power pulse pipe replacement. Have been told it's £10 for the loan car/insurance fee. Mind you if they give me a S60 T5 to have a run round in, will not grumble.
A step down for me - last time was a V60 T6 Polestar - not blinding off the line but from 30 to whatever it was rapid as hell!
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 16:27   #14
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Riverside have suspended loan cars at the moment as they haven't got enough staff to.sanitise them all between drivers...... They did say that things were changing all the time though so might change soon.

On charges it is 10 quid for insurance or insure yourself and pay nothing. Cars are all now XC40s with one V60 I think.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 18:21   #15
weemark

For info - just send this to the DP at Volvo Shrewsbury - I was surprised how lacklustre the whole thing was

-----------------

Had my car in for service with you today and surprised with the way you were doing business in this C-19 world we now live in. A few thoughts offered honestly and in a constructive manner

1) The solid screens at the service desks are nothing more than desk ornaments - you cannot do business the way they are configured so you talk round them rather than through them and they are doing nothing to protect either your staff or your customers. Surely this could have been designed along the lines of those you see in banks?

2) I was assured yesterday keys would be handed over via some kind of bag/plastic box arrangement - this wasn’t true this morning at least. They were simply taken and passed across hand to hand, completely unsterilised. This afternoon on pickup they were passed to me in a plastic bag.

3) When I had to sign the service consent form nnnnn walked round the desk, stood next to me and handed me the form and her pen to use. So no social distancing at all and could you not provide separate pens for customer use along with wipes so they can be sterilised before/after every use?

4) No-one that I could see (other than me) was wearing either a mask/face covering or gloves and there was no washing or sterilisation of hands in the time I was there

5) Nnnnn insisted on taking me to the loan car, getting in and showing me how it started (the same as mine!!) so touched a whole load of surfaces, start/stop button etc. Needless to say I spent the next 5 minutes wiping everything down with Dettol, though to be fair I was always going to do this anyway.

6) Documents - all documents printed, handled and handed over directly. Why not put them in a plastic bag then use a sterile wipe on the outside of the bag and hand over using the wipe as a ‘handle’?

So all in all a pretty disappointing approach and if I’m brutally honest other than a few bits of tape on the floor, a bottle of hand sanitiser and a couple of plastic ornaments on the service desks there is zero change from normal business. If I’d known the arrangements were so poor I’d have postponed the service (even though it was overdue) and left my car gathering dust on the drive - having only done 40 miles in the 10 weeks prior to today it’s not as though I was in the process of wearing things out!

Hope you don’t think this too negative, I’m trying to be helpful and suggest ways you could improve