Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

National Rally and BKV 2013

Views : 19367

Replies : 117

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:52   #11
Chris_C
Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy View Post
Only saying because t5d5 is on there but not vpcuk just wondered why when vpcuk is a proper Volvo club like the others are.
Drop Mr Mollusk a pm/email and suggest it rather than assume it's a conspiracy, he's mightily inclusive in his nature but the beard sometimes stops him seeing parts of the world in front of him.

Or it could be he just wants to sit back and blow raspberry's at them, but I'd be surprised!

As mentioned above, last year everyone was part of the VOCC&C as part of their VOC membership for the first time, which meant we could all go and live in a tent and be under the official rules that state we can camp in an unofficial camp site without the world imploding. The way I read Mollusks post, is if those of you who aren't VOC (and by extension, aren't VOCC&C) he will extend you the same courtesy so you too can freeze/get soaking wet/not have to pay hotel fees (delete as appropriate)
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris_C For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 13:07   #12
mollusk
VOC Member

VOC members are automatically included as members of the C&C section. This is not "getting round" anything - it is a courtesy extended to all members.

Before anybody else moans that so and so have not been invited please remember that this is the national rally of the Volvo Owners Club. Last year being our 50th.was the 1st year that ANY other club had been included - and as t5d5/V3M/VEC attended it was decided to invite them again. In addition I have an agreement that in future, each year will have a guest club invited - this year it is the Daf Owners Club.

I accept that vpcuk have not been specifically invited - no snub intended - but of course they are welcome to attend - the event is open to the public after all!
As for specific invites - how many clubs do you think we should approach ? (before it becomes no longer our annual event).

Mollusk.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 20:22   #13
minesa240x3
loyalty

Well Mr Mollusk and chris_C what am I supposed to do now?
You have provided all the information that I so often whinge about the lack of Lol.Not sure how to fill my time but I'm sure I can find something to do.

Very well done and no there is no conspiracy and having met Mollusk I can honestly say he does so much to try and include everyone but is only human.
I can think of quite a few volvo related forums that also haven't been mentioned but if I thought they might be interested in attending I might just ask if it was ok to offer them the oppertunity to attend.
Suggestions are always welcome and much of last years event was a continuing effort to improve and organise something that caters for as many folks as possible.

And now to steal this post!!
After all this club exhists for the benefit and enjoyment of it's members as well as potential new members.
As I am talking members and non members might I suggest that anyone who hasn't joined sit back and think wether joining would benefit them.
Ok not everybody will get benefits but a suprisingly high number would get the membership fee back by just using thier membership for discounts which are many.

For instance I noticed in the December issue of driver magazine page 32 there is an offer to join the RAC with 50% discount on Break down cover and 25% discount on renewal.Obviousely there are different levels of cover and maybe you can get a lower quote from the AA? I haven't checked.But that's just one example for so little a joining fee.Many service items and general parts can be bought with discount etc.
Initial one off fee of £34 which includes £5.00 admin fee.After that each year it costs £29.00 which includes a partner or one family member if you wish.

Regards Brian.

Last edited by minesa240x3; Dec 11th, 2012 at 20:45. Reason: 188v
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 20:33   #14
smithy
VOC Member

Don't get me wrong I'm not moaning ,it was just a question because the other mainstream clubs were invited.im a member of all 3 main Volvo forums and I will be there in my car as long as I'm still aloud to go of course lol.
smithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 20:37   #15
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm not moaning ,it was just a question because the other mainstream clubs were invited.im a member of all 3 main Volvo forums and I will be there in my car as long as I'm still aloud to go of course lol.
Can I invite vpcuk forum members to join in the fun weekend at the bkv 2013
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 21:15   #16
mollusk
VOC Member

Of course you can - as I said the event is open to the public anyway.

Two points to remember - to enable a person to take advantage of the camping or caravanning they must be either a member of the VOC or be invited to "participate" in the event - ie a display, demonstration or stand. Also only VOC members are eligible to enter their cars in the BKV competition and be judged.

There is no problem in attending the Saturday entertainment or meal (providing places are pre-booked and paid for).

Other than that - the more the merrier!

Brian has mentioned certain benefits of VOC membership - it is worth it for the ability to camp/caravan for free alone (covered under the clubs DEFRA exemption cert - no I don't really understand it either) on most sites 3 or 4 nights pitch fees would exceed the membership and joining fees.

Mollusk.
mollusk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mollusk For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 22:02   #17
smithy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
Of course you can - as I said the event is open to the public anyway.

Two points to remember - to enable a person to take advantage of the camping or caravanning they must be either a member of the VOC or be invited to "participate" in the event - ie a display, demonstration or stand. Also only VOC members are eligible to enter their cars in the BKV competition and be judged.

There is no problem in attending the Saturday entertainment or meal (providing places are pre-booked and paid for).

Other than that - the more the merrier!

Brian has mentioned certain benefits of VOC membership - it is worth it for the ability to camp/caravan for free alone (covered under the clubs DEFRA exemption cert - no I don't really understand it either) on most sites 3 or 4 nights pitch fees would exceed the membership and joining fees.

Mollusk.
Ok thanks for all your help and thanks for doing a great job of organising this venue at hatton park .the place is great for the kids too
The Following User Says Thank You to smithy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 11:36   #18
Chris_C
Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Well Mr Mollusk and chris_C what am I supposed to do now?
You have provided all the information that I so often whinge about the lack of Lol.
Nothing to do with me Brian, I was just trying to do some clarifying. I know how much Mollusk will be putting in to this and won't have anything taken away from him!
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_C For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 18:43   #19
93240se
VOC Member 3801

Thumbs up Bkv 2013

I think some people are getting confused by the C & C reference.
All members of the Volvo Owners Club are automatically enrolled in the Camping & Caravan section of the VOC.
This has nothing to do with the Camping and Caravan Club which is a totally separate organisation.

Unfortunately not available to attend the 2013 BKV so someone else will have to take a lone PV and win by default ! Hoping it all goes to plan for Mac and all the other hard working VOC members.

And yes, the annual membership would easily cover the cost of a 3 night camping fee anywhere.

Regards, Richard.
93240se is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 93240se For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:22   #20
Carlsson 986

Default National & BKV

Hi to All,

This now gives me a target to getting my Amazon back on the road!

Went to Hatton CP last week as it's on my doorstep, so it would make sense to attending my first VOC National & BKV there - who knows, I might win!!

Thanks, and hope to meet you all there,

Ric
Carlsson 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carlsson 986 For This Useful Post: