Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Track Days

Views : 941

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 12th, 2006, 13:24   #1
IC
S60R/V70R

Thumbs up Track Days

I've been approached by a trackday company that uses all major UK circuits including Oulton Park, Donington Park, Cadwell Park, Brands Hatch, Croft, and Anglesey. Prices vary from high in summer to low in winter the highest will be Oulton in summer @ £225 and lowest in winter of around £100 where as Anglesey will never be higher than £140 and lowest around £100 that’s all without their discounted club rates. They offer cub discounts at 10 cars = 10% off 15 cars = 10% off+ free pics,20 cars 20% off +free pics & instructor all day. On a clubs first track day event they have a special inductory price which lowers the cost even more as well as giving each participant a free “Hot ride” in their Vectra V6 Touring car. All their track days operate on an open pit lane basis giving maximum track time with minimum queing time and less rushed and relaxed days. The issue here is of course having an event that is reasonably priced for all of us!

This is something to think about!

RAF MARHAM DRIVING DAYS – 2nd and 3rd September 2006

As posted here on this forum: http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=19901

The RAF Marham Driving Day will raise proceeds for RAF Marham Charities and Appeals, the main beneficiary of which during 2006 is the RAF Benevolent Fund, more details of which can be found at: http://www.raf-benfund.org.uk/

The cost is £40 if you are participating on the Saturday only, £60 for the Sunday only, or £100 for both days, this equates to £10 per 30-minute session. The charge is per participating vehicle; there is no charge for second drivers of the same car, or for assistants attending the event to help participants (although any donations from them are welcome!).

This is a fantastic opportunity to drive on track for a very reasonable fee!

VOC Speed Challenge Champion 2007/08/Joint Winner 2009
Motor Sport Challenge Winner 2008/Joint Winner 2009

<font size=2><font color=RoyalBlue>
</font></font>

Last edited by IC; Aug 12th, 2006 at 13:37.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 14:03   #2
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

This is excellent Iain, its just the way to be able to "exercise" high performance cars in a controlled and safer manner. I have vivid memories of my first day out on a track when I realised that my car was capable of doing things I never imagined it could............but soon afterwards, it revealed a number of shortcomings in equal measure starting with the brakes....YIKES!!!

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 13:44   #3
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Talking Thanks IC

Thanks for the additional exposure of this event. We are trying to raise as much money for charity as possible and give people a fun day/s out. It would also be nice to see a few more volvos there other than mine.

Thanks Again.