Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help 240 questions

Views : 2185

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 26th, 2006, 15:24   #21
tuning_redblock
Grrrrrrrrrrreat Member

Well I don't know if it goes for or against me here, but I became an avid Radio 4 listener as soon as I picked up my first volvo as that was all I could get with a broken ariel, hahahaa, well Richard I do believe we should see you at the next meet, foggy ryan and I should all be turning up, possibly with partners in tow.

I hope this debate does encourage the different camps to look at each other in a more friendly light, I have to say when I turned up at the first meet I was made to feel very welcome by everyone,

well lets see who else joins in this debate!!!

Regards Andi
tuning_redblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 21:28   #22
93240se
VOC Member 3801

Smile help 240 questions

Well Alec how about this for a not very serious suggestion?

In addition to the club having VOC baseball caps for the younger members, how about flat caps with VOC / BOF embroidered on them ?
Could also look good on the footplate !

Regards, Richard.
93240se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 21:23   #23
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93240se

In addition to the club having VOC baseball caps for the younger members, how about flat caps with VOC / BOF embroidered on them ?

Regards, Richard.
You youngsters will have a problem in years to come. When the BOFs were boy racers baseball caps were only worn by the Yanks. Now as you progress from BY to BOF when will you know to discard the baseball cap for the flat cap!!!

Regards

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 21:53   #24
tuning_redblock
Grrrrrrrrrrreat Member

I wear mine on the horses mike!!! hahaha, I ride derbyshire hills in tweed and a flat cap, long boots and britches, and that's no joke!!!

Hahahahahaha, I thought the boy racers of today wore those 'beanie' hat things (tea cosies to everyone else)
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 01:00   #25
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

This is an interesting debate. That I may of played some part in sparking. I would like to apologise to tunning Red Block as I did not mean my coments to be recieved this way. They were not ment to be discoraging. I also was unaware of how bad the car was and if I was in your shoes would have done the same thing, in fact i have dismantled quite a few volvo's for spare I have needed to keep mine going. As some one else said better to see one stripped than two on a brakers yard or were I live they just crush em. You should check my details though as I am only 21 and my first car at 18 was a 245. I have nothing against modding infact I am modding my own car.

Webber carb with 740 manifold + did away with the E.G.R
lowering the whole car (although only can aford to do the rear at the mo:-)
I have added the usuale GLT grill and black trim + Clear indicator clusters
My car has a Jatex air filter which I highly recomend!
I have also made it so I can run the newer wheels at the moment it is on V90 multi spoke wheels which I had refinnished like the civic type R wheels in a metallic dark gray colur which look's LUSH!

Any way what I'm tying to say is I think we are trying to achieve the same things and would probably get on well so I am sorry if you thought I was rubbishing your project that was my bad! Good luck with your car and I hope we can meet at some point and talk Volvo.
Beat wishs Steve
Steve Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 07:27   #26
Alec Dawe
Former Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93240se

Regards, Richard.

Sounds like a damn good idea to me!!
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 08:24   #27
tuning_redblock
Grrrrrrrrrrreat Member

Steve, there is absolutely no need to appologise, I may have read your comments wrong, It was a bad week for negative comments, I'd had quite a few regarding the 245 and a few regarding a gtriumph I'd finished, hey when we eventually put a face to each others face's I'll buy the first round.

Regards Andi.

P.S, don't forget to keep the forum updated with your project
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 10:55   #28
Steve Curtis
super cruising 240

I will man. Glad there are no hard feelings few!!! Are you going to any meetings soon? If so let me know and I'll hopefully be able to hold you to that beer! te he he

best wishs Steve
Steve Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote