Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2011 model year D3 insurance anomaly

Views : 1608

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 11th, 2010, 18:25   #1
Daleman
Master Member

Default 2011 model year D3 insurance anomaly

I have been informed that model year 2011 XC 60 D3s are not on the Associated British Insurers list yet so my existing insurer is claiming they cannot quote on it at present . Anyone else encountering or solving this problem ?

Looks like a few D3s are turning up in the next week or two so it may be worth chasing up your insurer if you have one in the pipeline .
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 19:55   #2
Waggatron

Fortunately mines a company car so its on their insurance.
5 days and counting !!!
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 11:21   #3
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
I have been informed that model year 2011 XC 60 D3s are not on the Associated British Insurers list yet so my existing insurer is claiming they cannot quote on it at present . Anyone else encountering or solving this problem ?

Looks like a few D3s are turning up in the next week or two so it may be worth chasing up your insurer if you have one in the pipeline .
I've been checking confused.com for the past several weeks and when you select 2.0D it gives all the older 2.0 diesels but not the D3 for any model.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 18:09   #4
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
I've been checking confused.com for the past several weeks and when you select 2.0D it gives all the older 2.0 diesels but not the D3 for any model.
You are aware that several companies won't participate in confused.com because the policy comparisons are not sufficiently detailed to enable fair comparison?

Direct Line is even advertising that they don't (and won't) appear on it!
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 18:27   #5
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
You are aware that several companies won't participate in confused.com because the policy comparisons are not sufficiently detailed to enable fair comparison?

Direct Line is even advertising that they don't (and won't) appear on it!
Of course, but I'm looking for a ball park figure to get some idea, Direct Line are always more expensive for me anyway.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 18:32   #6
Daleman
Master Member

How does “Volvo insurance" compare ?They do a seven day get you on the road deal to help dealers get cars registered but how do they compare for a full years insurance?
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 18:51   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daleman View Post
How does “Volvo insurance" compare ?They do a seven day get you on the road deal to help dealers get cars registered but how do they compare for a full years insurance?
I was with Volvo Insurance (actually RSA, which owns MoreThan) for many years, until this year when the premium was more than double that of Aviva which was just under £300 for the year (XC60 d5 AWD, fully comp, 4+ years no claims, 30 days EU cover)

Last edited by wimorrison; Jun 12th, 2010 at 19:23. Reason: added vehicle type
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 19:07   #8
Daleman
Master Member

The problem I think I will have is that with the Association of British Insurers having not graded a D3 XC 60 many companies will not be able to quote for it until it comes on “the system” .I am away on holiday at the moment and tried my existing company and their take was it was not on the system so the underwriter wouldn’t give a figure so they couldn’t quote. I will be back next week and will get a better chance to investigate the situation and look around but I can see it being awkward if the D3 engined two litre XC60 hasn’t got out onto the ABI Group ratings yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daleman For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 15:09   #9
Daleman
Master Member

More information on this .The reason that the ABI have not got the D3 XC60 on their lists is that Volvo had not submitted the details for evaluation in sufficient time before deliveries of D3 engine models began. I understand they will be evaluated at an ABI meeting on the 20th of this month (June) and need to get on the computer system after that. You will not get easy quotes on a D3 engined XC 60 until that happens. Volvo insurance are quoting with special requests to the underwriters .Without ringing individual companies who ring the underwriter to “perhaps” OK it (I have had companies refuse until it is on the ABI list) it looks a pain to get many quotes easily and the on line submissions are not geared up for it for the aforementioned reason.

Last edited by Daleman; Jun 14th, 2010 at 16:06. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 22:23   #10
Daleman
Master Member

Finally got insured with NFU ,their 5 star defaqto policy compared well with quotes from Volvo and beat others .Not the cheapest I am sure but one of the major factor that is worth considering with the NFU policy is that the new car replacement guarantee runs for the first two years of your ownership not the normal just one. This may help anyone considering some type of GAP insurance as it is fairly expensive and this I think effectively gives you that peace of mind offered by such insurances for another year on normal which must be worth a bit when considering comparisons.NFU also seem to win the Auto Express best insurer survey regularly as most customers seem very happy with them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daleman For This Useful Post: