Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Width of 15" wheels

Views : 1601

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2017, 18:05   #21
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Thank you Tony.

I haven't felt the need or desire to go beyond 6 x 15. I have as it happened agreed today with a forum member to buy a set of 15" Aries wheels.

For tyres I was looking at 195 65 15 possibly Goodyear and I will look also at 205 65 15 now thank you.

The tyres are the cost and really I am investing in the 240 at the moment. The important things like tyres in December, and getting the welding done beneath the tailgate in the new year, and in the spring replacing that oil system thing wot I've got ready but can never remember the name of beneath the intake manifold, and renewing the tailgate wiring. Then I absolutely must look in to getting the cleanliness sorted and hopefully get a shine on the car. Cushti!
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2017, 17:12   #22
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

My Aries wheels are due to arrive on Friday afternoon. Just to be sure, are the standard ordinary genuine Volvo wheel nuts the correct contact angle for Volvo Aries alloys? And by the way, what is the 240 wheel nut contact angle please?
Old Jan 3rd, 2018, 23:01   #23
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Given that the 14" size is 185x80x14 .... I'm wondering why nobody has suggested 15" to be 195x70x15 which is 2mm different diameter....similar handling to the 185x80x14?