Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Trip Data

Views : 7303

Replies : 54

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2019, 16:54   #41
SpaceBoy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchbrown View Post
I just received the following from Volvo customer services on this topic:

We can advise that the Volvo On Call App is programmed to record the start and end of the route, this was not designed to show exactly how you got there.

If others are able to see the route they have taken, this is not what we would have expected from our App.
The app right from when I first bought the car has shown the route in detail. Initially, it did not show mi./kWhr values but they fixed it a few months later. How can Volvo not know what their own App does??? It's not like it's rammed with features!

It's like the VOC app has been developed and supplied by an enthusiast in his shed and Volvo have had no input to the process and restrict information to the developer. Even after all this time, the VOC app STILL fails all over the place (e.g. setting timed preconditioning takes several goes as it's unreliable, doors say they are unlocked when they aren't, users have features enabled on the app that don't match the cars features and some users like me can see routes while others with the same car and app combo can't).

You would have thought in this competitive world, You would invest time and effort getting software right and be confident in developing cutting edge features moving forward. Apparently not.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceBoy42 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 07:14   #42
ISW001

Smile Trip Data Returned

Hi all
My trip Data has returned back to full functionality from yesterday morning so have full details of route with mph mpg etc
I did e mail voc support last week and am convinced they must have changed something as I have not updated or changed anything on my devices or in the car
ISW001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ISW001 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 11:08   #43
volvocat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISW001 View Post
Hi all
My trip Data has returned back to full functionality from yesterday morning so have full details of route with mph mpg etc
I did e mail voc support last week and am convinced they must have changed something as I have not updated or changed anything on my devices or in the car
Thus further proving (if proof were needed) what BS the Volvo response (to dchbrown) was!
Clearly route details exist for (some) T8s, so why not just say so and address the issue of full availability? - and explain why us mere petrol & diesel owners don’t/can’t have it...
volvocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 18:32   #44
Fortune7
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISW001 View Post
Hi all
Just checked and mine (for MY 2018) T8 has also 'reverted' to full map route and associated info! I'm very happy with this as I thought I was going nuts when the app's functionality changed a while ago and enquiries here had me wondering if I'd imagined it. (Most respondents said they'd just got the basic info). Don't get me wrong - this is not a show-stopper of a facility, just a bit of extra useful info. I remember looking at the page after my first service to see where the Volvo. Tech. had taken the car on a test-run and the fact that they had reached 84mph doing it!

To try to be helpful to others (if applicable): 4 days ago I turned-off the 'Driving Journal' part of the app for 24 hours and then reinstated it. It's taken until today (3 days later) to see the updated info for all trips since then. Trips before that don't have the extra info. I do have 'Location' enabled in Google settings and don't know if this enables the VOC extra info. I'll disable it for a few days and see.

Many thanks to those who have queried this with Volvo/VOC as it seems clear to me they've done something on the server-side to bring it back. My VOC app hasn't been updated.
Cheers, Andy
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune7 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 21:47   #45
Mavi57

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy42 View Post
Just checked mine and it's still working.

They did change the layout at one point if I recall. Now you have to click the '>' symbol to the right of the 'A' and 'B' info in the 'Route' section to get to the 'Trip Route' screen which has all the tracking info including mph, mpg, + and - mi./kWh. I guess some owners don't have a '>' button to click.

(EDIT: my Android App version 4.3.8)
I have the same android version and a T8. all I get pushing the > is an bigger map in Google but no other info.
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 08:03   #46
Mavi57

Is there anybody driving a T8 still having the graph with consumption (gas and electric), regenerated KW and speed int he app?
If Yes did it appear again after being away or has it still been there since start of use?
Mavi57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 08:08   #47
ISW001

As my previous posts mine was there from when I bought the car but went away when the update was done to correct the sensus wrong location in event of a breakdown on 30th November
After an e mail to voc support a week or so later it was back and has remained so
ISW001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 13:38   #48
dblogic

It's Back

Thanks to Andy (Fortune7). I disabled the journal for 24hrs and then re-enabled it. 3 Days later (today) I now not only have the route but also switchable graphs of speed, Fuel consumption, Battery+ and Battery-

Old journeys (pre today) just show start and end point.

I'm sure last year when it worked I only had the route.
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 14:52   #49
steladamo

Has anybody tried on a non T8 model the deactivation activation trick to see if route comes back?
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 16:35   #50
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steladamo View Post
Has anybody tried on a non T8 model the deactivation activation trick to see if route comes back?
Am trying it now.......will see what happens tomorrow when I reactivate it.....but not expecting anything to change.