Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking climate issue

Views : 9490

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 9th, 2019, 15:09   #11
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
To ask the obvious question, did you specify the auxiliary heater option? If not, Parking Climate on the app won't work.
Yes you are right, I didn't chose this option. The car does not heat up because it has the option missing.

It would be a nice touch from Volvo to hide this option if it's not available for your car. Having said that, and after discussion with my dealer, the dealer says this will still work with the car fan if the temperature in the car is above 20º.

Let's wait for the summer and see.
jonnyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 08:05   #12
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
On my Volvo On Call App, every time that I try the parking climate feature, it doesn't work.
I read a lot of topics regarding this issue from the XC90 and XC60 models from 2018 and since my car was manufactured on the 5th of December 2018, I was led to believe that any of these issues might have been solved by Volvo.
Still, every time I try the feature it doesn't work.
I have a D4 version and I get on the app the message: "Parking climate failed to start" and on the car I get the message "Parking climate temporarily unavailable".
Any help or suggestion is appreciated.
Just like it appears on me. In my country Parking Climate feature is available as an option. I believe it must be your case also. But you have a way of seeing if in your case it's a failure or you just don't have it installed. Maybe in your country it comes from factory... i really don't know.
Go to your Volvo On Call App, Car/ vehicle details section, execute diagnosis, start diagnosis and then check out Parking climate/ Heating result.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 08:16   #13
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyu View Post
Yes you are right, I didn't chose this option. The car does not heat up because it has the option missing.

It would be a nice touch from Volvo to hide this option if it's not available for your car. Having said that, and after discussion with my dealer, the dealer says this will still work with the car fan if the temperature in the car is above 20º.

Let's wait for the summer and see.
I didn't see this post of yours i really don't know how 😂
forget my last answer.
But tell me... if the Parking climate exists in order to start heating inside the car, why wait to summer on temperatures above 20°C? You wrote that your dealer said it will still work the car fan... but in this case fan will generate heat because it's parking climate option... and if it is not there as an option, makes no sense to work only in 20°C situations. Makes no sense in my opinion... maybe your dealer said that just to shut you up 😁
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 08:16   #14
Bash D Bishop
Volvo Virgin

After working okay for a week, my 'Preconditioning' is no longer coming on when I start the car remotely. Interestingly, despite having seats, front & rear windscreen and wheel set to come on automatically with the key, nothing is happening/. I'm sure it said it was 9c this morning so it was below 10c.
Bash D Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 01:07   #15
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash D Bishop View Post
After working okay for a week, my 'Preconditioning' is no longer coming on when I start the car remotely. Interestingly, despite having seats, front & rear windscreen and wheel set to come on automatically with the key, nothing is happening/. I'm sure it said it was 9c this morning so it was below 10c.
i guess Volvo can't handle success... 😂

it doesn't have what it takes
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 11:53   #16
bmoster

Quote:
I have only had my S90 D4 for 4 weeks but as far as I am aware when you remote start the car's engine the climate systems turn onto a lower than normal setting i.e. the heated seat and heater. The heater does not turn on to the last used setting.
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 10:49   #17
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
I didn't see this post of yours i really don't know how 😂
forget my last answer.
But tell me... if the Parking climate exists in order to start heating inside the car, why wait to summer on temperatures above 20°C? You wrote that your dealer said it will still work the car fan... but in this case fan will generate heat because it's parking climate option... and if it is not there as an option, makes no sense to work only in 20°C situations. Makes no sense in my opinion... maybe your dealer said that just to shut you up 😁
The parking climate option will heat or cool your car depending on the situation. According to the dealer, the app still has this option on hot days where the car triggers the fans to circulate some air inside of it to cool it down. Not sure if thats true or not...
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyu For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 10:53   #18
jonnyu

Quote:
Doesn't surprise me. I've detected a lot of software bugs until now, example:
-2 keys associated with a profile and with specific seating position. when i enter with my key, sometimes the car recognizes and sets the seat correctly, sometimes i have to load the memory preset to recover my seating position.
-gives me an updates are available message and then no updates are available
-for example when you have an error message displayed and then you turn off your car, when you turn it on and ry to review the error message on the car message logs, there are no messages stored
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyu For This Useful Post:

Tags
failure, parking climate, preconditioning