Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Loss of radio volume C70 T5 >2006

Views : 1192

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2016, 12:18   #1
0006Andy

Question Loss of radio volume C70 T5 >2006

I still have the display and tuner works but not hearing anything through the speakers. How can I establish whether it is the radio unit in the dash or the Amp I the Boot?

I have reversing sensors fitted by the dealer when new, this beeps as it should. does this use the amp or is it separate speakers?

Spoken with Central services who do radio repairs and they say that they cannot test volume function on their workbench, it can only be done with the car, is this correct?

If cannot be fixed, I will need to consider an aftermarket radio, but need to establish whether it is the radio or the amp.

Thanks in advance for any hints tips and information.

For your information, The unit I have is a 6 cd multichanger model number:
34W466M/DZ-6CDIAM.

If I need to purchase an aftermarket radio, any pointers would be very helpful as this would have to integrate into MOST
0006Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 09:29   #2
GordonPS

Default No radio volume

I have a C70 06 reg and every now and again, if i turn off the engine after it has only been on a short time, with the radio on, the next time i start the car, there is no volume and cd player says paused. it starts working after engine is on and then off for an hour or two
GordonPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 19:22   #3
Diego67

I have this to on my v50 sometimes when I turn on there's no volume just get a one buzz noise then nothing!! if I turn the ignition off and on again it works bit bizarre but that works for me !
Diego67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 12:13   #4
0006Andy

Unhappy

now nothing is working.
I have no radio in any respect.
I still have the display for climate control etc, but no power to the radio.
It just flashes up "high performance" and disappears again.

just spoken to well established aftermarket firm in Bristol, and they have said there are no aftermarket options for Volvo c70 !

Feel like I'm held over a barrel with this problem and may be forced to buy expensive Volvo replacement or go without a radio altogether.

Really frustrated
0006Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2016, 21:50   #5
paddyred
Master Member

Well to start the dealer is wrong about the sound system. The C70 had radio options:

high Performance priced at £553.19+VAT
Dynaudio premium priced at £1489.36+VAT

Does your system Beep before cutting out? I've seen this issue before when the alternator was chucking out too much voltage and triggering the over voltage protection. Does it work with no engine running?
Old May 21st, 2016, 10:18   #6
iainmd

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyred View Post
Well to start the dealer is wrong about the sound system. The C70 had radio options:
It wasn't the dealer that told the op that. An aftermarket radio shop told him there were no aftermarket options.

By the sound of your issue I think it'll be a dealer and sadly not likely to be a cheap fix. You can but hope though.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 11:19   #7
paddyred
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainmd View Post
It wasn't the dealer that told the op that. An aftermarket radio shop told him there were no aftermarket options.

By the sound of your issue I think it'll be a dealer and sadly not likely to be a cheap fix. You can but hope though.
Misread it! *Facepalm*

Tags
aftermarket, c70 2006, radio, s40 2006, volume