Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

245 estate project car on tv tonight

Views : 599

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2019, 21:36   #1
sv70

Default 245 estate project car on tv tonight

may be interesting to 245 estate fans,tonight on quest at 9pm the goblin works garage guys work on such a car,if you read this too late you can watch it an hour later on quest +1,they do some daring and out of the box creations,lets hope they do this one justice.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sv70 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 23:11   #2
volvo always
Premier Member

I liked the car before they messed with it. Nice and solid with good interior and an early one and not bad price at 2k .

Much prefer a fully painted exterior with a heavily modified B230 turbo motor or keep it original and rebuild the engine.
Hope it lives on!

James.
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 23:22   #3
Triple-S
How Old?

I somehow doubt it still survives unless stored, exported or kept as an off-road racer, as it hasn't been taxed since 1997 and there is no computerised record of it ever being MoTd.
I too think it should have been properly restored, as it didn't look too bad and is a rare car nowadays. Sadly more people want to butcher an old car nowadays just to see what they can do than preserve the past. It would have made a nice sister to my '76 244 which is the same colour.....but not to be.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 20th, 2019, 10:50   #4
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Watched the fist five minutes and then switched it off! Quite normal for this so called “band wagon” car program. Very predicable in the route that they would take with the car and others plus the fact it’s made for TV with annoying presentation.
Back to practical classics magazine for me!
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Meadows For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2019, 10:46   #5
geoffo
saving 240's one by one

Default Why not?

I generally like what those guys and gal do and their projects are pretty well engineered. I would have liked to see the brake and suspension upgrades (coilovers, banded 17’s?) but maybe I should get out more. 500 ponies and no roll cage? I couldn’t live with that paint but well, it’s different.
geoffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 12:17   #6
honestjoe
MY 240 DRIVES ME!

Yeah i watched that..Dont know how i feel really..but still nice to see the old bus.hj.
honestjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 12:43   #7
230ina245

O come on guys - we've all been there - problem with your engine? - no need to bother lifting the cylinder head, just hop on a plane to Sweden & spend £15K on another used engine!
I suppose the purpose of the program is entertainment so if it has a loud engine & goes relatively fast thats ok.
I was also disapointed, hoping to see something good (other than the 245) I had recorded the program hoping it would be better the second time. However, I've just watched it again & noticed that in one of the shots of it on the trailer it has an all clear indicator lense(?) which was not shown again. Also, when the drawing of what the finished car would look like was revealed she had drawn the front indicator style & lower spoiler from the later models!
OK so the program is a pale copy of various popular American series - I could imagine Richard Rawlins saying "I can't pay you 15 thousand pounds for that engine man - would you take £1750?"
Tim
It must have been rehearsed a few times for him not to blanche at that price. They could have put an LS engine in for cheaper. And a T4 ! Jimmy "helped" build a 700hp T5 in Engine Addict a couple of years earlier.
OK - rant over - I feel a bit better for it! I suppose they managed to upset the purists but not restoring it more & did not satisfy the customisers by going at it halfassed.
230ina245 is offline   Reply With Quote