Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What I did today thread...

Views : 78958

Replies : 1364

Users Viewing This Thread : Munroman59

Old May 19th, 2018, 14:08   #1361
alanoconnor

What I did today...

Watched the Wedding from 8.30 this morning. I thought it was ace, especially the preacher who went on for ages and half the congregation couldn't stop laughing at him.

That woman in the polka dot dress made my day.

The day even got better - I finished off the mixed kebab I found in the fridge that I bought last night and had forgotten about - took my mind off the 3 bids I put on eBay last night when I was a bit tipsy. I have no need for any Mulberry, leather travel bags...I could end up with 3.
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2018, 17:19   #1362
eternal optimist

Changed the oil (Shell Helix 5/40), oil, air, fuel and cabin filters (all genuine Volvo), fitted a Towbar and put the wiring loom in for the subwoofer. Picked the loom out of another XC70 in a local scrapyard. All good except the violet wire to switch the sub on doesn’t appear to work. If I earth the wire the sub starts, so I know the sub is OK.

Cleaned up the rear wheelarches whilst the bumper was off including unbolting the bump stops to get all the mud out and dealing with a bit of surface rust on the bumpstops.

Not yet put the new decals on the tailgate after it’s been painted and I’ve not taken enough brave pills to drill holes in the tailgate to fit the spoiler.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2018, 18:37   #1363
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

Default Why?

Don't bore a bunch of holes through your sheet metal in order to attach a nonfunctioning appearance option.
Rust, non-matching paint, peeling paint, loosening fasteners, absence of listing on the build sheet such that no discerning millionaire will ever buy your car.
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Georgeandkira For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2018, 19:09   #1364
eternal optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
Don't bore a bunch of holes through your sheet metal in order to attach a nonfunctioning appearance option.
Rust, non-matching paint, peeling paint, loosening fasteners, absence of listing on the build sheet such that no discerning millionaire will ever buy your car.
Thanks for the helpful input!

The tailgate is not metal; I like the appearance; there’s nothing to go rusty; the paint matches; it’s no more likely to peel than that on the rest of the car; there’s no reason why the fasteners will loosen; not sure what you mean by ‘absence of listing on the build sheet’ as it was a factory option (same as the rear skid plate and the sill skid plates); and this discerning millionaire did buy it.

Last edited by eternal optimist; May 19th, 2018 at 19:31.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post:
Old May 19th, 2018, 19:54   #1365
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
Thanks for the advice Georgeandkira...IMHO the spoiler only makes a difference to rear grip if you exceed 155mph.......

1st Volvo was a 1994 850GLT 20v Auto
2001 V70 Torslander 2.4 Auto current
2005 C70 2.0T Auto current
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post: