Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Buying a Polestar V60

Views : 3033

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 26th, 2017, 21:04   #1
Robbo73

Default Buying a Polestar V60

Hi guys!

This is my first post on the site and looking forward to being part of the community.

I'm looking to chop in my beloved Alfa GT 3.2 V6 & Alfa 159 Sport Wagon for one performance estate and am seriously considering a Polestar V60. I have had 6 great years with Alfas and the time has come to try something different. I can't face driving a German wagon like a lot of others and Alfa have decided not to make a Giulia Estate. Coming out of a naturally aspirated V6 I think the 3 litre car may be for me but are there any thoughts on the 2 litre Supercharged turbo? Which one overall is the better engine?

Many thanks!

Iain
Robbo73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2018, 13:24   #2
EWAC
too long to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo73 View Post
Hi guys!

This is my first post on the site and looking forward to being part of the community.

I'm looking to chop in my beloved Alfa GT 3.2 V6 & Alfa 159 Sport Wagon for one performance estate and am seriously considering a Polestar V60. I have had 6 great years with Alfas and the time has come to try something different. I can't face driving a German wagon like a lot of others and Alfa have decided not to make a Giulia Estate. Coming out of a naturally aspirated V6 I think the 3 litre car may be for me but are there any thoughts on the 2 litre Supercharged turbo? Which one overall is the better engine?

Many thanks!

Iain
Hi Iain,
I run the Polestar owners group for the UK, so i am sure i can help out with your questions
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EWAC For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 17:49   #3
Luke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo73 View Post
Hi guys!

Many thanks!

Iain
Hello and welcome.

Did you end up deciding on your Polestar? Or made a purchase yet? I'm in a similar boat
Luke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 18:34   #4
Luke33

[QUOTE=EWAC;2353948]Hi Iain,
I run the Polestar owners group for the UK, so i am sure i can help out with your questions
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

Hi Ian I'm unable to reply to PM atm as new member.

I will be looking to buy a Rebel Blue T6 as soon I have sold a couple of my cars
Luke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 19:12   #5
EWAC
too long to remember

[QUOTE=Luke33;2357682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWAC View Post
Hi Iain,
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

I will be looking to buy a Rebel Blue T6 as soon I have sold a couple of my cars
Have you got facebook or instagram? you can contact me there.

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to EWAC For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 19:38   #6
EWAC
too long to remember

[QUOTE=Luke33;2357682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWAC View Post
Hi Iain,
Drop me a PM if you want
regards,
Ian

Created an email address to make contact. see my signature

Old Jul 19th, 2018, 15:01   #7
MTRB

EWAC wonder if you can help. Have a 2.4 V60 and looking at buying polestar 2lt but some numpty of a design engineer has removed the roof rails and hence negated some of the ethos and utility of what is a brilliant sport estate. As my wife is disabled we need to carry roof loads on long journeys/holidays and I cannot see roof rails affecting real life performance. The only solution seems to be a retrograde 60's type solution where the grips clamp onto the paintwork and distort the door seals as well as offering restricted anchor positions to those offered by rails. Any experience of roof rails on polestars or these ancient design clamps. The absence of rails seems to restrict much of the potential of the Polestar as an everyday car for skiing sail boarding etc.
MTRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 15:08   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRB View Post
EWAC wonder if you can help. Have a 2.4 V60 and looking at buying polestar 2lt but some numpty of a design engineer has removed the roof rails and hence negated some of the ethos and utility of what is a brilliant sport estate. As my wife is disabled we need to carry roof loads on long journeys/holidays and I cannot see roof rails affecting real life performance. The only solution seems to be a retrograde 60's type solution where the grips clamp onto the paintwork and distort the door seals as well as offering restricted anchor positions to those offered by rails. Any experience of roof rails on polestars or these ancient design clamps. The absence of rails seems to restrict much of the potential of the Polestar as an everyday car for skiing sail boarding etc.
I would think it was still possible to add roof rails, are there and blanked holes in the gutters ? I would never use a rack which rests on the paint , the roof steel panel is too thin to take the weight without damage these days , the sub-structure is immense though ...
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 17:50   #9
EWAC
too long to remember

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRB View Post
I can safely say I am not aware of anyone that fitted roof rails on a polestar.
You Volvo roof rack sits in the gutter and clamps around the roof. I have one and can supply you some pictures if you want to email me (see signature).
Thule also does a rack which sits in the gutter.
If the roof rails are a MUST, then you should be able to fit them as an accessory.
If you need any help/tips when buying, drop me an email and I can give you pointers.

Old Jul 20th, 2018, 13:22   #10
MTRB

Thanks EWAC. I have looked at the thule 1673 kit which clamps beneath the door seal and has a fixed spacing of 77cm. Looks like I am constrained to fitting new roof rails if at all possible. The roof box we have to use because of all my wife's disability paraphernalia is some 210 x 95 cm with fixed front overhang of 60 cm and needs about 80-95cm between roof bar centres to prevent a large rear overhang causing an unbalanced load in fact spacing cannot be reduced enough to fit the 1673 kit. Have got volvo guide to fit roof rails but looks like older non integrated type proud of the roof so am uncertain whether drillings will be same.
Dealer selling the Polestar not much help am going to talk to my local dealer.. Thanks again.
MTRB is offline   Reply With Quote