Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Good price on Volvo service parts!

Views : 2583

Replies : 47

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2021, 22:48   #1
Bomster

Default Good price on Volvo service parts!

Hi all,

I'm doing a service on my 2011 XC70 in the next few weeks, and I tracked down some good prices on genuine Volvo bits online:

Air filter 31370161 £15
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...wAAOSw6ABdnyEv

Pollen filter (activated carbon model for cars with ECC) 31390880 £30
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...0/313328126694

Oil filter: 30788490 & Sump plug washer: 977751 £12
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...7/233789541248

£57 delivered for genuine pollen, air and oil filter seems like a great deal.

Hope this is useful to someone
Bomster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bomster For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 23:02   #2
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomster View Post
Hi all,

I'm doing a service on my 2011 XC70 in the next few weeks, and I tracked down some good prices on genuine Volvo bits online:

Air filter 31370161 £15
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...wAAOSw6ABdnyEv

Pollen filter (activated carbon model for cars with ECC) 31390880 £30
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...0/313328126694

Oil filter: 30788490 & Sump plug washer: 977751 £12
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-V...7/233789541248

£57 delivered for genuine pollen, air and oil filter seems like a great deal.

Hope this is useful to someone
That is good yes! For those of you who wish to maintain Volvo parts it is always worth giving Eastbourne Volvo parts (Chris or Ashley) a call as they are extremely competitive and all parts are supplied with a Volvo headed invoice.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 01:47   #3
Kev0607
Premier Member

Volvo filters are made by Mann, not by Volvo. When you buy "genuine parts", Volvo put their stamps on the Mann filters & charge you extra for the privilege.

Have a look at the writing on the genuine oil filter closely for example & its highly likely you'll see both the Mann stamp & the Volvo one.

I'm servicing my S80 soon myself. I bought Mann parts from a local store, as they (Mann) manufacture the filters for Volvo after all. The oil filter was £8 & the air filter was £14. That's not a major difference to what you paid for those particular parts, but there's still a difference all the same for the identical thing without a Volvo badge on it.
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 09:32   #4
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
Volvo filters are made by Mann, not by Volvo. When you buy "genuine parts", Volvo put their stamps on the Mann filters & charge you extra for the privilege.

Have a look at the writing on the genuine oil filter closely for example & its highly likely you'll see both the Mann stamp & the Volvo one.

I'm servicing my S80 soon myself. I bought Mann parts from a local store, as they (Mann) manufacture the filters for Volvo after all. The oil filter was £8 & the air filter was £14. That's not a major difference to what you paid for those particular parts, but there's still a difference all the same for the identical thing without a Volvo badge on it.
That’s very interesting, yes, I service my own Volvo (oil every 6k) and i always note that the filter says ‘Volvo Mann’.

I paid £15,000 for mine (some time ago) so for me the extra £10.00 or £20.00 for an oil filter, oil, sump plug washer and oil was worth it for the stacks of Volvo headed paper I have.

Discs and pads etc have lasted 40,000 miles with life left (even the pads) so on the whole I have found the Volvo items to be good value.

Of course my car is now 8 years old with almost 110,000 miles on the clock so I may start going non genuine at some point in the future.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 11:09   #5
Bomster

Quote:

Thanks for that info, next time I will probably go Mann then next time unless I can find Volvo stuff this cheap again.

Out of interest what route do you take for the pollen filter? I note the 'rrp' for the Volvo part is north of £40! That's for the ECC equipped cars, the non-ECC models filter is much cheaper (not sure why?).
Bomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 17:27   #6
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
That’s very interesting, yes, I service my own Volvo (oil every 6k) and i always note that the filter says ‘Volvo Mann’.

I paid £15,000 for mine (some time ago) so for me the extra £10.00 or £20.00 for an oil filter, oil, sump plug washer and oil was worth it for the stacks of Volvo headed paper I have.

Discs and pads etc have lasted 40,000 miles with life left (even the pads) so on the whole I have found the Volvo items to be good value.

Of course my car is now 8 years old with almost 110,000 miles on the clock so I may start going non genuine at some point in the future.
Mann filters are great. You'll save a few quid by buying a Mann filter in its own packaging, as opposed to the same filter in Volvo packaging, Lets be honest, the filter Volvo sell you is a Mann one anyway! Being truthful, you aren't going to save a fortune either, but its money in your pocket all the same. A saving is a saving in my book!

Quote:
Thanks for that info, next time I will probably go Mann then next time unless I can find Volvo stuff this cheap again.

Out of interest what route do you take for the pollen filter? I note the 'rrp' for the Volvo part is north of £40! That's for the ECC equipped cars, the non-ECC models filter is much cheaper (not sure why?).
There's two types of filter, a charcoal one (dark grey colour) & a non-charcoal (pure white). I buy the cheaper (non-charcoal/white) one, as I replace them regularly due to my allergies. The carbon filter is dearer, but any time I've had a car serviced, they put the cheaper one in anyway! A dealership probably would put the dearer charcoal filter in though if they were servicing the car, but it makes no difference to me because I frequently change the pollen filter anyway. As my car hasn't been to the dealership for servicing since I've owned it, I've found the cheaper filter fine being honest.

Pollen filters are often a forgotten item... many people just leave them for years on end! I wouldn't & couldn't for that matter, as I'm very sensitive to dust etc. I change mine every year usually.

Last edited by Kev0607; Jan 5th, 2021 at 17:37.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 17:32   #7
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:

£7.65 at CarParts4U or whatever they're called (with free delivery at £15+) you must be made of money guv
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 17:32   #8
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
what route do you take for the pollen filter?..... non-ECC models filter is much cheaper (not sure why?).
They're generally non activated carbon and thinner than ECC filters.
When I did a service on an XC90 here, the non ECC filter was fitted so I installed the correct one.
Mahle is generally the maker of genuine Volvo cabin filters but having used them too, Mann just as good I'm sure.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 17:33   #9
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
They're generally non activated carbon and thinner than ECC filters.
When I did a service on an XC90 here, the non ECC filter was fitted so I installed the correct one.
Mahle is generally the maker of genuine Volvo cabin filters but having used them too, Mann just as good I'm sure.
Worth saying never, but never go Crosland. Awful stuff.
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 17:40   #10
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonefishblues View Post
£7.65 at CarParts4U or whatever they're called (with free delivery at £15+) you must be made of money guv
I wish I was! However, the local parts store to me (just a small independent shop) has been very good to me over the years, so I support them. As its only up the road, I can collect whatever I order usually within the hour & no faffing around waiting for deliveries.