Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Giving my '05 a 2010 facelift!

Views : 73488

Replies : 289

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2011, 07:28   #251
jasonb
In the mood for change!

apologies for not sending tracking number, been off work sick all week.
I couldn't tell if you had any issues with the bumper or not through your public sarcasm.

If you do, send it back and I'll give you your money back in full.
From my perspective, one of the reflectors was cracked so I replaced both with practically new reflectors. Postage cost more than first expected as well.

Im an honest seller, you picked up a bumper for much much less than you would have else where (just like the other parts you've purchased), there are others that would pay much more!

Let me know either way.
thanks.
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 16:34   #252
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Default Quick Q:

Can anyone tell me what the differences are in the post facelift front bumpers (2007+)?

Would like to know what are the actual differences between a new facelift (2007+) standard bumper and a new facelift (2007+) R-Design bumper??

Thinking about doing geting stuck into moderising the front with a facelift and just need to start getting a few bits together. If anyone has the bits available then please let me know.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 17:41   #253
jasonb
In the mood for change!

Pretty easy to understand.
Grille - alloy effect bright work instead of chrome.
R-Design grille badge.
Lower lip spoiler is bigger.

The actual bumper is the same so if you have a standard one, just keep it and replace the lower lip.
Lower lip is universal with S40/V50 on the front only.
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 11:23   #254
joonak

Default Parts

Anyone have cheap facelift parts for sale and is willing to send them to Finland? Here in Finland used parts are grazy price. I have been checking Ebay but many UK sellers are not willing to send outside UK.

For moment I would need front bumber and right side head light.

If I am using UK spec headlights is it enough just to flip the swithc inside the headlight for continental driving position?

Best regards,
Joona
joonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 23:17   #255
SonyVaio
VOC Member

In answer to the light question - Yes, you can just change a UK one to continental by moving the lever inside the headlight.

Old Oct 19th, 2011, 23:28   #256
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonak View Post
Anyone have cheap facelift parts for sale and is willing to send them to Finland? Here in Finland used parts are grazy price. I have been checking Ebay but many UK sellers are not willing to send outside UK.

For moment I would need front bumber and right side head light.

If I am using UK spec headlights is it enough just to flip the swithc inside the headlight for continental driving position?

Best regards,
Joona
Have a look at this one- LINKY!, this guy will post to EU.

Old Oct 28th, 2011, 07:59   #257
joonak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Have a look at this one- LINKY!, this guy will post to EU.

Thanks, but that is pre-facelift bumper
joonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 11:01   #258
Shedburner

Default grill

Ben,
That nice new grill of yours.....do you know if it would fit straight into my my V50 Sport 2006 or would I have to buy a whole new bumper ? cheers mate.

Your car looks the dogs b***ox by the way :-)
Shedburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 21:41   #259
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Default Which parts are still required?

I have been getting a few parts together to do this front end upddate on my 2004 V50.

Parts I have:

2010 Bumper
2010 Headlights L & R
2010 R-Design splitter
2010 R-Design grille and badge (Not new Iron Emblem)

Parts still need:

Fog surrounds
Fog Lights
Lower grille

The question is what other parts are needed beyond this? Do I need to get:

Air Guide - 30763748
Protection Efficiency - 31283182 (V50 CH 479598-)
Headlamp Bracket L/H - 30744956
Headlamp Bracket R/H - 30744957
Absorber - 30744964
Bracket, L.H. - 30678481
Bracket, R.H. - 30678482

Further to the parts above does anyone know if you can just order these following parts to change 2010 style grill to new emblem grille:

31294507 - Emblem New Style - Iron (30655104 - Emblem Old Style (Square))

Many thanks,

Old Oct 29th, 2011, 22:05   #260
BenB
V50 Driver

Shedburner - The new shape grille will only fit the new shape bumper, therefore you'll need new bumpers, headlights, grilles, fogs etc!

SonyVaio - I didn't need to buy any of the other bits you listed, brackets etc. (Is the airguide the part just behind the grille? Easier to just cut it down a bit, it'll never be seen) The headlamps slot in as before, stay in place with the same slot-in bar down the back. Under where the headlamp sits you can see the bumper is expecting to slot into a bracket or something, but it doesn't, it just sits there, but it's totally solid I can't see why it would need any more brackets etc to be fitted.

You'll obviously need the grilles, lower grilles and fog surrounds, but have a look how I fitted the old fog lights themselves to the new shape bumper. Although that needs a revision now, I realised that they needed to be flipped upside-down on the opposite sides, as they aimed too high as I had them! They're still in place now so I can't see the point in sourcing facelift ones!

I did buy a new large-badge grille off ebay (Advertised as 'Volvo bumper, with grille' - I asked the seller to split the grille) but annoyingly when it arrived it turned out it was from an s80 not a v50!! I didn't think to check, as it looked just like a v50 in the picture!
It's back on ebay now to re-sell, if it fails to sell I think I'll pull it apart and use the slats, the badge, the chrome diagonals etc and bodge it to fit the v50's chrome surround! The weird thing is the plastic of the s80 grille is a metallic glossy grey, not satin black plastic! Can someone confirm if the new v50 large-badge grille has has satin black plastic or a metallic glossy finish?
BenB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BenB For This Useful Post:

Tags
v50 facelift, vaiotag