Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

3.0.3 disappointing

Views : 1927

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 12:45   #1
CocoPops
VOC Member

Default 3.0.3 disappointing

So even though 3.0.3 contains a new Android 12 OS update, nothing really looks any different. Certainly feels no better than previous.

Hoping to see some new features make their way into the builds.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 13:27   #2
Hadajag

Did you get this update OTA or at a dealers?
Whilst I've got the release notes on the car there is no sign of an OTA update.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 14:26   #3
Stu22

Our car advised this morning that it had downloaded the new software, haven't hit the install button yet though....
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 14:45   #4
CocoPops
VOC Member

Was OTA for me.
I was on 2.14.4 (dealer install).
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 19:02   #5
Mty2608

got mine today, car in for Service, havent really noticed much difference so far.

Last edited by Mty2608; Apr 23rd, 2024 at 19:02. Reason: error
Mty2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 21:10   #6
PaulBendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu22 View Post
Our car advised this morning that it had downloaded the new software, haven't hit the install button yet though....
It was the same experience for me: a notification on my Samsung (Android) phone this morning from the Volvo App. stating an update was ready to be installed on the car.

Last week, I couldn't check the version from the Android Volvo App because it kept erroring - see thread https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showp...&postcount=111

The app error was resolved over the weekend. However, the car still stated that I was running the latest version when I manually checked last night.

XC60 T8 MY24
The Following User Says Thank You to PaulBendall For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 21:13   #7
PaulBendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
So even though 3.0.3 contains a new Android 12 OS update, nothing really looks any different. Certainly feels no better than previous.

Hoping to see some new features make their way into the builds.
I am also hoping, though not with much confidence, that the OS update to Android 12, was a milestone for Volvo. Now the OS has successfully updated and all previous apps moved across - seamlessly - that new functionality will come over the coming months.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 07:48   #8
CocoPops
VOC Member

Charged overnight and it's showing 44miles on range... almost as if it's reset itself... I've never had 44... it's more like 31miles electric range currently.

I'm sure it will relearn, but a shame I can't actually get 44 miles
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 11:03   #9
Docs

Wink

Updated my car yesterday and charged overnight, range is now showing 81kms/50mls !!
I’ll be shocked if it’s over 70.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 12:10   #10
sandys
XC60 T8 Ultimate Dark

Maybe they have opened up more of the usable battery?

Not had the update yet but with the change in temperature recently we are nudging 40 rather than mid 30s which is nice, a further openining up would be great though I suspect the flash has reset the memory back to WLTP and it'll re adjust.