Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New S90 Buyer Waiting Patiently But Now Long Delay

Views : 6554

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2019, 20:22   #31
key76

Merc owner for over 10 years. Never again. Their service is almost as bad as this. LOL
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 10:11   #32
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupytwister View Post
Marc Tilling from Bells Volvo resides on here. Maybe worth a tinkle to him in case he knows of any stock...much more helpful person!!

PS Hope it wasn't Bells!!
Not guilty!

I've just had a bit of a look around and there are no S90 T5 R-Design Plus unsold in the country and the earliest (which a standard car with only Power Passenger seat) is coming early Jan 2020

We do also have one which we ordered originally on 4/7 which is showing a delivery date of 21/2/20 at this time.

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 16:36   #33
key76

We're in negotiations on a solution - and we're making progress. That's all I'll say for now.

But it took talking to the chairman to get it to this point.
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2019, 22:32   #34
anewlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
Not guilty!

I've just had a bit of a look around and there are no S90 T5 R-Design Plus unsold in the country and the earliest (which a standard car with only Power Passenger seat) is coming early Jan 2020

We do also have one which we ordered originally on 4/7 which is showing a delivery date of 21/2/20 at this time.
I hadn't realised dealers could get this sort of information. I've been told by the leasing company that my factory order V90 is due to the dealers w/c 28/10/19 but this thread and a few other stories I've heard are making me doubt that!

@MtillingVolvo If I give you the details could you please see what you can find out?

p.s. - sorry to hijack the thread!!
anewlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2019, 09:38   #35
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewlime View Post
I hadn't realised dealers could get this sort of information. I've been told by the leasing company that my factory order V90 is due to the dealers w/c 28/10/19 but this thread and a few other stories I've heard are making me doubt that!

@MtillingVolvo If I give you the details could you please see what you can find out?

p.s. - sorry to hijack the thread!!
I can only check our own orders, so unless it's been ordered through us I'll not be able to check I'm afraid...

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19th, 2019, 09:41   #36
anewlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
I can only check our own orders, so unless it's been ordered through us I'll not be able to check I'm afraid...
Ah, never mind then. I've no idea which dealer it's been ordered through, the leasing company won't tell me (another reason I'm doubtful it'll arrive on time)
anewlime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2020, 17:27   #37
golfcaddy

Default Delivery keeps getting pushed out

Similar story here. I placed a PCH order with Arval back in May 2019.

After the initial spec-check from the dealer a week or so later (Hildenborough Volvo) and no delivery date given (initial estimate from Arval was October), I heard nothing for several weeks.

Called the dealer directly for a delivery date and initially the person I spoke to didn't recall ordering any car to my spec. Then eventually they found the order and told be it would be early January "and there's nothing they could do about it". Pretty offhand with me to be honest. The following day I got an update email from Arval with the new date. So it took my chasing to get the update. No option to cancel was given to me.

Called dealer again in early December to check it was still on for early Jan since my current car had to be handed back on Dec 31st (I had already extended it from Sep 30 and couldn't hold onto it for longer). Told it was probably end of Jan. I asked Arval to cancel at that point as I couldn't be without a car for a whole month (which they were fully prepared to do, but Volvo wanted £2500+VAT as a cancellation fee because it's not a car they would keep in stock apparently.)

Arval chased the dealer and they came back with a date of 17th Jan. So I decided to stick with it. Arval said they would apply pressure and keep on top of it.

As of yesterday (Jan 9) I had heard nothing from either Arval or Volvo, so thought I'd check on progress with Arval as delivery is only a week away. Now apparently it will be Jan 24. Feels like they just keep pushing it out a bit at a time.

When does this end? Volvo not prepared to let me cancel without a charge. Why should I have to suffer their delays and atrocious communication without compensation. Will they lend me car until mine comes?

Like others here, the S90 attracted me away from 10+ years of Merc/BMW/Audi ownership. Wondering if it was a bad decision.
golfcaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2020, 08:52   #38
Chief inspector
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcaddy View Post
Similar story here. I placed a PCH order with Arval back in May 2019.

After the initial spec-check from the dealer a week or so later (Hildenborough Volvo) and no delivery date given (initial estimate from Arval was October), I heard nothing for several weeks.

Called the dealer directly for a delivery date and initially the person I spoke to didn't recall ordering any car to my spec. Then eventually they found the order and told be it would be early January "and there's nothing they could do about it". Pretty offhand with me to be honest. The following day I got an update email from Arval with the new date. So it took my chasing to get the update. No option to cancel was given to me.

Called dealer again in early December to check it was still on for early Jan since my current car had to be handed back on Dec 31st (I had already extended it from Sep 30 and couldn't hold onto it for longer). Told it was probably end of Jan. I asked Arval to cancel at that point as I couldn't be without a car for a whole month (which they were fully prepared to do, but Volvo wanted £2500+VAT as a cancellation fee because it's not a car they would keep in stock apparently.)

Arval chased the dealer and they came back with a date of 17th Jan. So I decided to stick with it. Arval said they would apply pressure and keep on top of it.

As of yesterday (Jan 9) I had heard nothing from either Arval or Volvo, so thought I'd check on progress with Arval as delivery is only a week away. Now apparently it will be Jan 24. Feels like they just keep pushing it out a bit at a time.

When does this end? Volvo not prepared to let me cancel without a charge. Why should I have to suffer their delays and atrocious communication without compensation. Will they lend me car until mine comes?

Like others here, the S90 attracted me away from 10+ years of Merc/BMW/Audi ownership. Wondering if it was a bad decision.
Our Range Rover was arranged PCH from Alphabet (BMW) and when this was late the dealer drove a demonstrator 300 miles to drop it off at our house and we kept that until the ordered car finally arrived, If they cant meet the 17th agreed date I would ask for the same. I think we might have paid them £30 or something to put it in their insurance rather than faff about changing ours.

In this case, the same as yours, I suspect the car is in the country in a pound but the dealer is waiting to get a batch delivery to save a few quid, we knew the car was built.
Old Jan 11th, 2020, 09:42   #39
Blueboy510

Similar story here - ordered a S90 back in May 19 through LeasePlan and was originally given a date of 31st October. That came and went and then it moved to 23rd January. Chased it myself and now picking the car up next Tuesday 14th! Lead times are crazy
Blueboy510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 09:43   #40
Brewbike

I ordered a S90 R-Design Plus T5 in May 2019, was originally told due end of Dec, then 16 Jan and now 26 Jan (due to car carrier being held up in Zeebrugge) - it is, by quite some considerable length, the longest lead time for a car I have ordered. just hoping its worth the wait!
Brewbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xc60, xc60 front knocking