Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Community Gran Turismo 4 Challenge.

Views : 14620

Replies : 256

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 03:16   #1
blues60
My car is blue

Cool Volvo Community Gran Turismo 4 Challenge.

This has proved a popular thread on many forums so I thought I'd give it a go on here!
For those of you who own a PS2 and a copy of GT4, read on......
The idea is that each week a track and car are nominated and over that week forum users try to do their best time around the track using that car. Proof of times is made by posting a screenshot and the winner at the end of the week gets to choose the next car and track for the competition the next week.
Basic rules are as follows:
1). The GT4 disc is to be loaded in the PS2 but NO MEMORY CARD inserted.

2). The challenge is played in "Arcade" and in "time trial" mode.

3). The nominated car is always to be set up as follows in the "Quick Tune" menu:
Power set to +20
Weight set to -10
No driving aids
Whatever transmission you like
The softest tyre compond available for that car

You then try to set your best time around the track using that car. You then post your best time on this thread for others to try and beat. The thread will begin each week at 2359hrs on the Thursday. It then runs until 2359hrs on the following Wednesday when the times will be listed in order and the fastest time gets you the honour of nominating the track and car for the next round. Times must be proved with a screenshot including the TIME, CAR and TRACK in the shot. You must post a picture to have your time counted at the end of the week. NO PIC, NO TIME. If you win, you will have one day from the close of the last round at 2359hrs on Weds to 2359hrs on Thursday to choose your car and track otherwise it will be chosen by the 2nd place finisher. The idea is to have a round each week and end up with a champion at the end of the year.
Although this relies on a degree of sportsmanship it must be agreed that competitors will not:
A) Grass/corner cut
B) Wall ride on corners.

For those who don't know how to post pics, you can host pictures using www.photobucket.com by uploading them from your PC for free. You then use the "url" given to the picture on their site to post it on here. PM me if you have trouble.
I will start to ball rolling and nominate:

MIDFIELD RACEWAY (NORMAL)
"AMUSE" S2000 R1 '04.

Have fun!!!

Last edited by blues60; Jan 26th, 2006 at 10:19.
blues60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 09:04   #2
IC
S60R/V70R

Thumbs up Gran Turismo 4

Blues 60 and I discussed the competition in the early hours of this morning and it sounds like a great idea! Let's give the competition a try and I'll make it a sticky.
May the competition begin!

Last edited by IC; Jan 26th, 2006 at 09:11.
IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 09:24   #3
5lab

120.215 any good for a quick blast before work? i recon i can knock at least 3 secs off that if i really go for it

what about fast-car-catchup? cant that be used as a cheat??
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 09:35   #4
blues60
My car is blue

What do you mean by "fast car catchup?" I think the key word there 5lab was "cheat"!!!!

1'20.007 by the way.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:13   #5
5lab

theres an option (somewhere) to turn slow-car-catchup on - not sure if it only works in multiplayer, but it gives extra speed to a lagging car to enable the race to be closer..

for everyone else - the amuse s2000 is under amuse not honda
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 10:21   #6
blues60
My car is blue

AFAIK the catch up can only be used in multiplayer so won't apply.
I've edited the "Honda" from the post to save confusion.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 14:02   #7
Ross9
Master Member

Had a wee shot there.

1:18.375 after 3 laps, theres easily more time to come off that though so I'll have some more play on it later before I start taking screenshots.

Itchign to get back to racing in the car this year but can't at the moment so this is a very welcome substitute, I do like a bit of competition

Ross
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 19:31   #8
Ross9
Master Member

Had another go there and did another 5 or 6 laps, I'll leave it at that just now but reckon theres still a wee bit more in the car.

1:16.658

Last edited by Ross9; Jan 26th, 2006 at 19:32. Reason: clarifying time
Ross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 23:50   #9
blues60
My car is blue

1'16.287.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 11:23   #10
Ross9
Master Member

Sorry for the blurry picture, you can still make it out though.

1:16.172