Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New S90 Buyer Waiting Patiently But Now Long Delay

Views : 6517

Replies : 61

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2019, 19:25   #21
Paddybear

To be honest, I would walk away! Appreciate you would want equal or better spec and I'd be surprised if something was not already available or close to available that met that requirement.
Paddybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 21:47   #22
key76

If Volvo UK come back with a decent offer to keep my custom then I'd consider staying, but I now know both dealers in my locale are dire, so would mean a 50 mile drive for service work which I don't want ideally.

No offer or attempt to make good and I'll walk by the end of the week.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable, but their treatment and attitude so far has been nothing short of appalling.
key76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 22:27   #23
soupytwister
Master Member

Don't think you're being unreasonable at all. My car was in for a service at my local dealer, and they found an oil leak which was done under warranty. I hadn't asked for a courtesy car for the day of the service, but after the car was still there 3 days later, they offered me a car FOC until my car was ready - a brand new shiny 19-reg V60.

Most dealers have stock they can lend you - look at the forecourts!! If a big chain, sounds like it's more like "Computer says no" and hands tied by company policy perchance?

I've certainly never heard of a dealer asking for you to start paying the equivalent of your loan/lease to start now. Previous dealers have given me 2nd hand forecourt cars to use while waiting. These were family dealers back in the day.

Last edited by soupytwister; Oct 16th, 2019 at 22:31.
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 22:57   #24
key76

They actually first offered to sell me a used car at the going rate and charge me my new car monthly payment, and set an agreed buy back price. I told then what I thought of that idea.

Then this ridiculous hire arrangement.

I asked if they would consider reducing the cost to me of hiring as goodwill. He said he couldn’t. I asked can’t or won’t and he said both! So I know where I stand.

My local independent was unfortunately terrible as well which is how I ended up with this dealer.

I stopped being a Merc owner after many years as their service was in the toilet and they didn’t seem to care about customers. I hoped for better. Sadly I didn’t find it. Seems to be endemic in the car industry as I know people from various marques who share similar experiences of poor service and a take it or don’t attitude from sales staff at all levels of the market.

See what, if anythint tomorrow brings when Volvo call me back. They are looking into whether that can support hire car assistance orr a press car loan, and or a goodwill gesture off value of car. Not holding my breath though. This is last hope, so no go here and I cancel order and walk.
Old Oct 16th, 2019, 23:11   #25
soupytwister
Master Member

Marc Tilling from Bells Volvo resides on here. Maybe worth a tinkle to him in case he knows of any stock...much more helpful person!!

PS Hope it wasn't Bells!!
soupytwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 01:24   #26
Quacker
Premier Member

I’d walk and not look back. As I said, there are plenty of alternatives. Don’t let yourself be in this situation again by buying a car that is at least in UK stock, not a factory build special from literally half way around the world with a history of delayed erratic delivery dates.
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 07:31   #27
Duri13

I have a simple rule: I don’t shop, where they don’t sell.
And they are clearly not selling, plus don’t give a damn about you. For me it’s humiliating to beg someone to sell me something. Cancel it today and go somewhere else.
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duri13 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 08:35   #28
key76

I am at the point where if I go somewhere else, then it won’t be Volvo.

Pride does have a price however, and I need to be realistic about keeping myself mobile and choosing an alternative which is suitable and not something I rush into out of panic. Deciding on Volvo took a long time.

If Volvo UK can give me an offer then I will want to order moving to another dealer as this one is absolutely inept and seems unashamed about that, as if I am somehow the problem. There is no way I want then making a penny from this order if it progresses.

I appreciate the dealer cannot be responsible for the delay, but how they dealt with it is just a disgrace.

There are stock cars in many marques available, but I am very specific about what I want and have factory built as a result for 15+ years. And why should I accept less because of inept dealers is how I see it.

Last edited by key76; Oct 17th, 2019 at 08:50.
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 09:45   #29
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by key76 View Post
I am at the point where if I go somewhere else, then it won’t be Volvo.

There are stock cars in many marques available, but I am very specific about what I want and have factory built as a result for 15+ years. And why should I accept less because of inept dealers is how I see it.
It is not good to be loyal to a brand or large dealership, because that loyalty will never be reciprocated in my experience.
You don’t have to accept anything other than the reality that is now. It is entirely up to you how you wish to proceed. Let us know what you decide and whether things then went to plan, whether you wait for the Volvo or not.
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 21:09   #30
Paddybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by key76 View Post
There are stock cars in many marques available
Drive the deal have a very well spaced S-Class for 47k brand new....quite tempted myself!
Paddybear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xc60, xc60 front knocking