Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

workshop manuals

Views : 971

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 17:39   #1
andy1

hi all, i was recently on the auction site ebay looking for a u.s produced workshop manual when i came across a company in the states selling manuals on cd rom format which cover all recent models the seller claims that these contain exactly the same info as the dealers have access to, (freedom of information act and all that?)any one come across these before? the asking price is $26 which if they are as good as they claim is pretty good
p.s i recently asked a question on this site about the correct oil spec to use in a v70 manual transmission a subject which is apparently covered by the official secrets act in this country, as all manuals/handbooks only list a volvo part number and main dealers refuse on pain of death to disclose (but they will flog it to you at £18/litre!)i found out from a very helpfull guy at volvo north america(in stark contrast to volvo uk}it is a fully synthetic 5-30 so no excuse for not changing it(sorry i forgot "it lasts the life of the vehicle sir" yeah course it does}
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 16:07   #2
andy1

if anyones interested received manuals, today and there excellent ive posted more info on general topics
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 19:30   #3
alexzoutsos

Best info you will find is from a guy called Rich, who posts on Volvospeed.com in the Bay13 section. Maybe that's who you already spoke to, but hes great.
Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 21:51   #4
andy1

yes i have thanks, and yes could not agree more
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 23:16   #5
Fred

Hi,
You haven't told how to contact this company. I need a manual for a 2000 V70 diesel.

Thanks, Fred
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 15:35   #6
colm.deasy

I went to the Ebay site and found said CD for sale. 5hrs left in the auction and I put my bid in and won!! Total cost including shipping to Ireland was a very resonable $28:50. Looking forward to reading it and getting stuck into some jobs on my car. I'll post an update once I receive it.

Rgds,

Colm
'92 Volvo 850 2.0 GLT