Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Front Passenger central locking

Views : 712

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 4th, 2003, 22:46   #1
maprice

Default Front Passenger central locking

I have a '98 V70. The central locking locks the front passenger door no problem. However, when I unlock it the button comes halfway up and then drops back down. I have cleaned and greased the mechanism and nothing seems to be broken. Has anybody had this problem before and if so how do I fix it as the new mechanism is £110 + VAT. The lock can be operated maually no problem.

Thanks

Mark
maprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 17:59   #2
mcroot

Default RE: Front Passenger central locking

I had a similar problem on my 97 TDi, though the button was not lifting at all when I unlocked the car. I fixed it today with a secondhand unit bought for £25 - very simple to remove/fit. The lock is not a servicable part, so this seemed the easy option. I spoke to a local dealer who said this was a common problem on the new V70s, but not on the classic shape....

I guess I was lucky to find the lock at the 2nd breakers I called - worth hunting around, perhaps using one of the web-based parts search services. I'm currently looking for a leather interior in Oak and so far have turned up 2 gray interiors through this method - just no oak so far.
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:10   #3
liuleichan
Premier Member

>I guess I was lucky to find the lock at the 2nd breakers I
>called - worth hunting around, perhaps using one of the
>web-based parts search services. I'm currently looking for a
>leather interior in Oak and so far have turned up 2 gray
>interiors through this method - just no oak so far.

Are the interiors you are talking about leather?

I'd be interested in getting a leather interior replacement, but have not yet found any. What sort of prices where you quoted, and what were the breakers?

I tried some of the online ones a while back, but got no reply. I have a 98 S70 with dark grey velour interior, at the moment, but would be interested in a dark leather interior - if it was in good condition, and wouldn't cost an arm or leg.

For anyone that has swapped, is there any issues with say the SIPS airbargs, or seatbelt pretensioners? Does anything need electronically resetting?

Thanks for any info.

Lei Chan
liuleichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 20:08   #4
mcroot

Lei,

The 2 grey leather interiors found so far, to fit a 98 model V70 are;

Cleave Motor Salvage in Glocs (01452 833329) - full interior with leather seats, door panels, console and carpets, full electic seat functionality for £900 + VAT

Autospares in Northants (01933 625088, ask for Rob)- full leather seats, console and door panels, seats with manual adjustment for £500 + VAT

Each is supposed to be mintand still in the cars, but seeing is believing. My own search goes on for an oak interior.
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 21:12   #5
maprice

I have been to Cleave Motor salvage today. The V70 (silver) is in good condition and is complete. It has been written of because of flood dammage. Unfortunatly I cannot say whether the seats have gotten wet. The only bits missing seem to be the drivers door mirror, wheels and the door locking mechanism that I bought for £25.

They will remove any bits and send them to you within 48 Hrs if you cannot get there.

Hope this helps.

Mark
maprice is offline   Reply With Quote