Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

vida 2014d on windows 10

Views : 11865

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 25th, 2018, 12:35   #1
sreviz
Master Member

Default vida 2014d on windows 10

Ive spotted this page today.
Will be useful for somebody. I will try this as i have my Vida in old laptop with win7.

http://vidadice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/...indows-10.html
Engine D4204T8.
sreviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 15:50   #2
GrantA
Master Member

After several attempts to get various VIDA programmes up and running I have settled for this one and it works if you follow the instructions to the letter.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162521223111

I have it running on a Windows 10 Home laptop, the programme itself runs on a VMware Virtual Machine and is compatible with most computer systems. The VM itself runs on Win 7 Pro and is very easy to install and set to work. I have yet to link it up to the latest Dice for the 2014D VIDA - which is on order - my old Dice for the 2012A VIDA I had does not work with the 2014D VIDA but there again it didn't work with any of the other VIDA programmes I had either. I have every confidence that the new Dice will work as well as the seller says it will but I will keep the Forum updated as soon as it arrives from China - where else would it come from.........

The bloke who sells the system is called Andrew Marsh and he is based in the USA, he is very helpful and his aim is to ensure you have a system that is working, not like some eBayers who sell you something then deny it is their responsibility when it goes wrong.

I have no connection with Andrew Marsh or "OneMoreTech" other than as a satisfied customer.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrantA For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 21:12   #3
Semnoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreviz View Post
Ive spotted this page today.
Will be useful for somebody. I will try this as i have my Vida in old laptop with win7.

http://vidadice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/...indows-10.html
I assume the main reason people want to 'upgrade' from Windows 7 is due to the fact Microsoft will eventually stop supporting it (i.e. no more security updates). However, once someone's got VIDA 2014D running on Windows 7 Pro, my advice would be not to use that PC/laptop online and disable Windows Updates in case an update to something such as .NET causes VIDA connection problems.

I can understand people wanting to be able to use the laptop for other purposes, but compared to the potential cost of car repairs, a 2nd hand Window 7 laptop is peanuts - so why not dedicate it to diagnostics. I bought a 2010 W7 Pro HP EliteBook 12" for about £50 on eBay and it fits nicely under the boot floor, behind the triangle.
Old Jan 25th, 2018, 21:34   #4
lepicane
2012 S80 D5 Executive

I had VIDA 2014D running virtually both on Windows 7 and Windows 10. Everything worked fine until I got the licence expired message on VIDA. Changed the date in virtual Windows 7 and no problems, but couldn't get it to work on virtual Windows 10.

Both virtual installations were clean Windows installations with only Windows updates installed. I assume some update in Windows 10 broke it, I think the SQL update. Either way ditched the Windows 10 installation. Windows 7 is fine for what I use it for, both virtually and on my old laptop. Installing on Windows 10 is a bit of a pain, but good luck.
lepicane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2018, 14:40   #5
Baggiebird8

Default Another Happy Customer for 1moretech

Hi,

I purchased the VM version of VIDA 2014D this week and running it on a Windows 10 Laptop (Intel i3/4GB Ram/1TB HDD). The laptop was s/h as I prefer MAC for everyday use.

So far very very pleased. A bonus with 2014D is that it recognised the VIN for my 2015 XC 70 D4 so even more useful than I hoped.

Many thanks to Andrew in Virginia USA, I have no connection or relation.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 17:24   #6
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantA View Post
After several attempts to get various VIDA programmes up and running I have settled for this one and it works if you follow the instructions to the letter.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162521223111

I have it running on a Windows 10 Home laptop, the programme itself runs on a VMware Virtual Machine and is compatible with most computer systems. The VM itself runs on Win 7 Pro and is very easy to install and set to work. I have yet to link it up to the latest Dice for the 2014D VIDA - which is on order - my old Dice for the 2012A VIDA I had does not work with the 2014D VIDA but there again it didn't work with any of the other VIDA programmes I had either. I have every confidence that the new Dice will work as well as the seller says it will but I will keep the Forum updated as soon as it arrives from China - where else would it come from.........

The bloke who sells the system is called Andrew Marsh and he is based in the USA, he is very helpful and his aim is to ensure you have a system that is working, not like some eBayers who sell you something then deny it is their responsibility when it goes wrong.

I have no connection with Andrew Marsh or "OneMoreTech" other than as a satisfied customer.
Well after waiting from 22 Jan 2018, when I was told my new 2014A Dice was dispatched from Hong Kong, until today, some 2 months later, I have finally given up all hope of seeing it and have asked for a refund from the Chinese seller. I have also opened an "issue request" on the subject with eBay. In the last few weeks I sent the eBay seller "zguoswei2" 2 emails asking where the Dice is but did not receive an answer or any acknowledgement. Then, to crown it all, I checked the eBay website again today and noted that the seller's "Positive Feedback" score has dropped to 60.5% and their feedback messages are now "Private" so I can't even read what others have said about them. All I can do now is claim my money back through eBay or PayPal.

The question for Volvo owners who have 2014A VIDA Dice is where did you buy your 2014A Dice from? The VIDA programme works great but I do need the latest 2014A Dice to be able to read the car. It would appear that all the 2014A VIDA Dice sellers on eBay are based in China but I have found one seller who claims to be based in UK and gets their 2014A VIDA Dice direct from the "factory" in China but it is the most expensive one on eBay at £99.95, any advice, recommendations for reliable sellers or other options will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 17:38   #7
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantA View Post
any advice, recommendations for reliable sellers or other options will be greatly appreciated.
I have around 20 available.
All brand new but more importantly, thoroughly tested by myself so they are guaranteed working. They're £100 each delivered to the UK mainland and run the latest firmware so are plug and play with an existing Vida 2014 installation.

The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 20th, 2018, 18:52   #8
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
All brand new but more importantly, thoroughly tested by myself so they are guaranteed working. They're £100 each delivered to the UK mainland and run the latest firmware so are plug and play with an existing Vida 2014 installation.

+1 for Simon, baught mine from him, had a computer literate friend install it on a secondhand windows 7 pro machine and up and running immediately.

That I forgot how to wind the handbrake back was my fault not Vida, dice or installation and when I asked on here Simon responded with the procedure as soon as he saw my quirie.

I have had no problems and as a happy customer would recommend him.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2018, 10:12   #9
GrantA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Tried to send you a PM but your message box is full and my message was rejected. If you delete some old messages I'll be able to send you my message with contact details etc and yes I do want to buy one of your Dice.

PS. Just got your email address Ta - email on its way to you........
Old Mar 25th, 2018, 12:35   #10
Baggiebird8

Default DICE Unit

I would be very interested in one of these but cannot contact you via pm for the reason stated above.