Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

From XC60 to Porsche Macan or BMW X3?

Views : 160632

Replies : 1567

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 10th, 2017, 21:18   #1441
norco

Very nice although as l have said before, l think the shape's a grower. Good to see the designers avoided the appalling off set number plate in evidence on the disco in one of the photos. Don't think that will survive the facelift in a year or too😀.
Had a sit in the new XC60 yesterday at Lloyds Carlisle and nice inside but feels narrower with the full central console ( even though wider in reality) and not sure the boot shape will leave enough space for dog crate. The shape didn't grab me either apart from in grey but that will change over time no doubt. Picking up new old shape this week to tide me over for 2 years why the mud settles. Looking forward to the 190 diesel after the perfectly good 163 for 4 years. New one has Scorpion Verde tires but disappointingly not all season. Sold my old one to We buy any car yesterday which was interesting......
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2017, 22:04   #1442
TobyAnscombe

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco View Post
VPicking up new old shape this week to tide me over for 2 years why the mud settles.
Likewise - I like the new shape and actually in the flesh think that its better than the XC90's that I have been drooling over. Was offered an unregistered "heritage" XC60 with all of the packs that we were actually after for the same price per month as our PCP but on PCH on a 2 year deal. Our ballon payment on the old one was due in December and only popped in to have a look...
TobyAnscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 09:27   #1443
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
Hello folks,

Wheels.... There wasn't huge choice, especially because I wanted standard silver rims rather than diamond cut or painted grey / gloss black (which I really don't like). I think they will be okay - I suspect I can get a microfibre cloth in behind the spokes through the bigger gaps. We'll see. Some of the other wheel designs will truly be a nightmare to clean.

Interior

The lad finds it strange that Volvo folk might be struggling with the cream configuration - he rightly pointed out that the new Volvo plush interiors feature a similar colour combination and steering wheels too. This is true, is it not?

<snip>

Best forget the Eco option!

Regards,

Arianne
Wheels....ahhh, how I hanker for the pure & simple Saab wheels of yesteryear: three "thors hammer" spokes, easiest things in the world to clean! At least yours aren't as bad as the Colt Turbo I once had...like waffle irons, the wheels on that could have sliced chips if they were thrown at it!!

As for the cream....well, Volvo may well offer it, and I think in Monte Carlo I would perhaps chose it, but I'm pretty sure I would personally stick with darker shades for the UK. Mind you, now the kids are older, the risk of chocolate attack is diminished....
However, given your fastidious nature for keeping your motor super clean, I doubt that will be a problem, so if you like it, you go with it! I think your microfibre cloth will find a lot of use on that display....

& eco? I'm sure that will be top of your list for usage (not!!!)
All the best!
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeIOW For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 20:56   #1444
norco

Just checked Drive The Deal again and new XC60 discounts are rising......base model Momentum with paint and spare wheel..... list - £37955.... after discount £35321. Discount of £2724 or 7.2%. That's doubled since I last looked a few weeks back, maybe things are loosening up.

£3700 off top spec D5
norco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 21:03   #1445
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Just checked Drive The Deal again and new XC60 discounts are rising......base model Momentum with paint and spare wheel..... list - £37955.... after discount £35321. Discount of £2724 or 7.2%. That's doubled since I last looked a few weeks back, maybe things are loosening up.

£3700 off top spec D5
I think the serious fall in new car sales might just have something to do with this. Seems to have coincided with the VED changes. What a surprise.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 21:05   #1446
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Sold my old one to We buy any car yesterday which was interesting......
Do tell ...
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2017, 21:17   #1447
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelDay View Post
Do tell ...
Yes please don't leave us dangling.
Old Sep 12th, 2017, 00:19   #1448
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:

£3700 off top spec D5
I checked a top spec T5 last week in DTD and on c£55k they were offering about 7.5%, so with any luck by next March we should be looking at least 10% discounts again.
Then all Volvo UK Ltd need to do is to sell us UK purchasers what we can buy anywhere else in the world except in the U.K. - and that's a T6.
Old Sep 13th, 2017, 12:49   #1449
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I checked a top spec T5 last week in DTD and on c£55k they were offering about 7.5%, so with any luck by next March we should be looking at least 10% discounts again.
Then all Volvo UK Ltd need to do is to sell us UK purchasers what we can buy anywhere else in the world except in the U.K. - and that's a T6.
For £55k you can get a V6T SQ5, with 354ps, with a decent spec. If Volvo don't provide the option you know where to look....
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isleaiw For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 14th, 2017, 13:09   #1450
Crockers
Premier Member

This is moving towards Porsche Macan money.......do you sometimes feel threads go round in circles. Lol

Tags
bmw x3, porsche macan