Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Rear Passenger Door wont open

Views : 25014

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2019, 04:58   #11
volvo for ever
Premier Member

remove door card 3 screws lift up .dislodge glass and tape it up remove 12 7mm bolts
pull back plastic panel use screwdriver dislodge plastic handle then flick metal lever

once open remove outer handle amd lock catch
try looking on youtube honestly you can open these in 15 minutes
volvo for ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2019, 11:02   #12
id5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
remove door card 3 screws lift up .dislodge glass and tape it up remove 12 7mm bolts
pull back plastic panel use screwdriver dislodge plastic handle then flick metal lever

once open remove outer handle amd lock catch
try looking on youtube honestly you can open these in 15 minutes
Can you please tell me how to remove the two inaccessable screws on the rear edge of the door panel when the door is locked shut, what's the trick because I could not find a video on how to do that bit?
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to id5 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2019, 17:37   #13
volvo for ever
Premier Member

hi easy remove b pillar panel then remove plastic cover that hids screw long t25 torx screw driver ,remove 2x t25 torx screws under handle lift door card straight up
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 20:20   #14
Ianstewart

To open door take inner door card off and for me I swapped module unit which I bought from eBay for £18 and after that door opened as normal and window worked as normal. Everything back to normal and not the actual door lock faulty.
Ianstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2019, 16:51   #15
volvo for ever
Premier Member

Pdm &ddm are on the lin signal so when checking pdm make sure it has 12v ,earth & Lin signal ,did you have any other symptoms i.e. Windows inop ????
Old Dec 23rd, 2019, 21:09   #16
yooperjen

Default xc90 rear passenger doors won't lock or open

I have a 2017 xc90 and about a year after owning it, the rear passenger door (only one) locked and could not be opened from inside or outside. After locking the car and leaving it overnight it seemed to "reset" itself and worked. I would occasionally do this over the next year but no codes would be generated and the dealership could not repeat so they just left it. Now, 2 years later, it has gotten out of hand. Over the last month, the vehicle rear passenger doors (both now) won't open or worse won't close leaving me in the parking lot trying to figure out how to close them while I have my two kids in the back. Of course, when the doors won't open then I worry if we are in an accident the first responders won't be able to open the car and get my kids out. Anyone have any ideas???
yooperjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2019, 17:01   #17
Steve Dennison

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo for ever View Post
deffo door lock tbh if you know what your doing quite easy job to get open
You obviously don't or you would share
Steve Dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2019, 19:31   #18
Alex9

Got almost the same issue on my 11 plate S60: rear passenger door couldn’t be unlocked with the fob, only from the inside, but a few weeks ago the car changed it’s mind and now the driver’s door will not unlock, rear door works fine ...
Had the car serviced at the dealership and asked them to check if there are any fault codes but nothing has been reported....
still trying to find out what is wrong with it ...
Alex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2020, 13:42   #19
JohnHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdav122 View Post
Hi all, new member here.
the issue I am having is that the Rear Passenger door wont open from the outside of the car, I also cant open it from the inside as we have had child lock engaged on that door since we purchased it.

When I try to open from the outside I get nothing at all, it feels like the handle isn't pulling anything, when I open the other door the handle feels like it catches and you can hear it pull the door open if that make sense, but the broken side is just the handle moving and clicking catching on nothing.

anyone have any ideas on what to do?
I have a 2015 Volvo V40 that I can't open the RH rear door. I have managed to get the door card off but now I need to remove the door module so I can get at the lock to release it.
I have removed all the screws from around it but it is attached in some way to the sliding widow. Obviously I can't force it. Does anyone know how it is attached so I can get it out?
I've looked for a Haynes manual but they only go up to 2004 so its no use.
JohnHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 18:30   #20
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHill View Post
I have a 2015 Volvo V40 that I can't open the RH rear door. I have managed to get the door card off but now I need to remove the door module so I can get at the lock to release it.
I have removed all the screws from around it but it is attached in some way to the sliding widow. Obviously I can't force it. Does anyone know how it is attached so I can get it out?
I've looked for a Haynes manual but they only go up to 2004 so its no use.
Same issue.... so after a years trouble free ownership apart from a seat heating pad - within 18 hours of putting my car for sale on e-bay the O/S/R door now wont open from either the inside or out... I'm going to have a go at it tonight or tomorrow and will report back. Going to check on VIDA first but I doubt that will change needing to remove the door card and somehow unlock it with the door closed.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, door, lock