Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Gothenburg trip 2015

Views : 27423

Replies : 298

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2015, 10:59   #21
scvolvo
Premier Member

I have to give the factory a number for the driving experience I have said 10 people and most likely 15 for the factory tour.

I will need to collect the money for the driving experience as this needs to be paid up front, other than this £28 per person for 10 or £42 per person for 5.

I am trying to keep to 10 spots to keep the price as low as possible.

May be possible to increase the number later on if available.

They will not hold the booking long and have already said that it can be booked by others.(factory tour is fine, that's all booked).

Please contact me via pm to arrange payment.
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 14:03   #22
scvolvo
Premier Member

Just had confirmation from the factory and once driving experience is paid I'll forward on your hospitality passes / reservation.

There are do's and don'ts, please read this section of the email, also all visitor parking is explained and how to get access to the facility.

I have opted to eat at the restaurant (possibly free), this is a corporate experience and not the usual factory tour, I don't think people realise how much more access and an of an experience this opportunity is.

Last time we got to see the crash test facility.
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 18:09   #23
Dibble
VOC Member

Enquiries of flights from Scotland to Gothenburg on the days in question have proved disappointing if not non existent. One flight takes 14 hours with one change so goodness knows where it goes to. Apparently it is 631 miles from Glasgow to Gothenburg and a maximum 2 hour flight direct.
So unfortunately I will have to withdraw. It would be very expensive to travel south and fly from Stansted or wherever.
I will continue to check out the alternatives but I am not hopeful.
Having experienced the visit to the factory, test track and museum I am sure that all those who decide to go will thoroughly enjoy the experience. I would have loved to repeat the experience.
I will follow your progress.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 18:13   #24
Groundes-Peace
Master Member

Not sure if this will work but Danish shipping ferry company called Regina Line claim to be going to start a service between Harwich and Esberg in Denmark from Easter. I don't know dates and times of their autumn schedule.
Groundes-Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Groundes-Peace For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 18:23   #25
scvolvo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Enquiries of flights from Scotland to Gothenburg on the days in question have proved disappointing if not non existent. One flight takes 14 hours with one change so goodness knows where it goes to. Apparently it is 631 miles from Glasgow to Gothenburg and a maximum 2 hour flight direct.
So unfortunately I will have to withdraw. It would be very expensive to travel south and fly from Stansted or wherever.
Having experienced the visit to the factory, test track and museum I am sure that all those who decide to go will thoroughly enjoy the experience. I would have loved to repeat the experience.
That's no problem, I'll be rounding things up shortly for the driving experience and tour.

May be some flexibility, but I think all spots are now taken
The Following User Says Thank You to scvolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2015, 19:16   #26
scvolvo
Premier Member

Ettienne confirmed
Cumb male
Saaamon confirmed
Charlie. Confirmed
Judge ninja
The Flying Moose
Shem (Oscar) plus wife confirmed
Nealevo (prov)
Jamest5r (prov)

Full of the driving experience, may be some flexibility.

Last edited by scvolvo; Jan 15th, 2015 at 19:21.
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 09:49   #27
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibble View Post
Not sure where you found the flights.....on SAS's own homepage I just found the following:

Monday 12/10
EDI-ARN-GOT 1325-1850Hrs (1:15hrs in Stockholm).

Return on Thursday 15/1
GOT-ARN-EDI 0825-1235Hrs (2 hours in Stockholm).

Cost £387 in Economy or £553 in Business.

Btw, SAS does not fly from Glasgow anymore but does from Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 12:38   #28
scvolvo
Premier Member

The flight from stanstead works really well

Tuesday 6.45-9.45am stn to Gburg
Weds 9pm to 11pm Gburg to stn

Approx times
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 13:00   #29
NewVolvo
VOC Member

London LHR-GOT with SAS (nonstop!)
12/10
1845-2145 Hrs

Return on 14/10
at either 0645 Hrs (land LHR 0755 Hrs) or at 1635 Hrs (land 1735 Hrs) at the very nice cost of only £100.01 return!!

Bus from Landvetter Airport (GOT) to City takes approx 20 mins. Ryanair fly from same airport in October as "Gothenburg City Airport - Säve" is closing down to commercial traffic this spring.

I wonder if Ryanair could match that once one adds costs for a seat, coffee, this that and the other etc etc?!
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2015, 13:44   #30
scvolvo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVolvo View Post
London LHR-GOT with SAS (nonstop!)
12/10
1845-2145 Hrs

Return on 14/10
at either 0645 Hrs (land LHR 0755 Hrs) or at 1635 Hrs (land 1735 Hrs) at the very nice cost of only £100.01 return!!

Bus from Landvetter Airport (GOT) to City takes approx 20 mins. Ryanair fly from same airport in October as "Gothenburg City Airport - Säve" is closing down to commercial traffic this spring.

I wonder if Ryanair could match that once one adds costs for a seat, coffee, this that and the other etc etc?!
Ryanair is £60 return non stop and £7 for the bus from Gothenburg city airport (20mins) I've done this route before 2 years ago. Times work perfectly to have 2 days in Gothenburg but only one night

Last edited by scvolvo; Jan 16th, 2015 at 13:47.