Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 2.0T Standard with FVSH 1750

Views : 1161

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2009, 22:35   #1
BennyM

Default V40 2.0T Standard with FVSH 1750

Only found this forum a few days ago, great information on here for the Volvo owner and as with many car enthusiast sites a credit to all involved. I hope that it is not taken with disregard that my first listing is to sell my wonderful
V40. Please find details below:

With regret and due to the use of a company van I have for sale my Volvo V40 2.0T XS 1999 (T-Reg) in met blue, totally standard and unmolested.

Just over 72K Miles
Full Volvo Service History (Johnsons Volvo Hereford)
Tax and Mot to April 2009
Comes with usual extras: Grey velour Trim (in excellent condition)
Alloys with good tyres
Volvo Premium 6 Speaker CD/Tape Sound system
Air Conditioniong (nice and cold)
2 x keys and Remotes for Central Locking and alarm
Electric Mirrors, Windows (Front), PAS, SIPS etc
I have both the standard boot load cover, floor tray and dog guard, which can all be interchanged.
The car was first owned by Volvo as a demo and then sold early on to our company accounts lady in 2000. I had my eye on the car from early on due to its history and careful ownership, so last July had the chance to buy it as a daily runner and family car. Now being the 3rd owner and having used it for short regular trips a total of about 3000 miles, I feel the car has had a pretty easy life so far.
It is in excellent condition throughout, with only the usual minor mark here and there (no big scuffs,dings or rust). It cleans up really well.
The only two things of note for the next service will probably be the requirement for two new front brake discs, and possibly OSF suspension bush.
I have been truly impressed with this car and being an avid car enthusiast feel I have a good base for my opinions. Having owned several performance cars I was surprised at the sheer versatility and performance of the 2.0 T V40 which has been totally reliable. It will tootle along to the shop, cruise at high speed fully loaded, and overtake with more ease than several so called sports cars, im sure its down to the torque and gearing, a pure credit to Volvo. I have had between 32-36 MPG on a normal steady run, which for a turbo 2.0 is pretty good.

Price: £1650

The car is in Herefordshire.
I will be placing my Volvo for sale in the near future on Ebay, and I hope to take pictures in the daylight this weekend, (it is too dark when I finish work).
If anybody is genuinely interested please PM me here or send an email to bennyscoupe@hotmail.co.uk, I will be more than happy to provide further details.
BennyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 09:03   #2
BennyM

Car is now on Ebay with pics, item no. 200296617642.
Thanks.
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 09:45   #3
cam
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyM View Post
Car is now on Ebay with pics, item no. 200296617642.
Thanks.
there you go http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...3D0%26_fvi%3D1
cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 12:10   #4
BennyM

Thanks Cam, its easy when you know how.
Old Jan 11th, 2009, 21:00   #5
BennyM

To anyone who may be interested, my car has been on Ebay for a few days now, due to finish auction on Tuesday morning just after 9am. RESERVE NOW SET AT £1450.
Old Jan 13th, 2009, 21:41   #6
Ricco

Default did it sell

Just wondered, did you sell it?
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 21:33   #7
BennyM

Car is back up for sale, sold on Ebay but buyer unable to complete transaction!
Anybody interested please feel free to contact me at bennyscoupe@hotmail.co.uk:
Priced to sell at £1450.

Last edited by BennyM; Jan 17th, 2009 at 21:42.