Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My Silver S40 T4 (manual) for sale

Views : 2410

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2008, 11:11   #1
Al115
Premier Member

Smile My Silver S40 T4 (manual) for sale

Since I seem to be collecting T4s at the moment (I currently own four...) I really should move one or two of them on! It's time for my silver S40 to go to a new home...

The car is in top condition both mechanically and cosmetically. It's a joy to drive - handles nicely, goes like 200bhp should, stops better than you'd expect! Manual of course

109,400 on the clock as it sits on my drive today - and the car looks fantastic as hopefully the photos show. It has very minor marks consistent with the car's age and mileage - interior also in great shape, with only minor wear marks to seats as you'd expect.

Full service history, much of it main-dealer. Previous owner was a forum member as well, so it's been well-loved! Just serviced (August). Car is taxed to end-Feb 2009, MOTed to Aug 2009, next service due Aug 2009... so doesn't need any money for a good while.

It's a cheap runner, too - fuel consumption is significantly better than my parents' 1999 2.0T, and it avoids the recent tax-craziness, being a 1999 car.

It has modifications as follows, though ECU tune / power output is standard. Those with a * were made during my ownership:
  • Koni sport adjustable shocks and springs all round *
  • Sports exhaust (think it's a Jetex)
  • BSR Optiflow intake kit *
  • Ferodo DS2500 front brake pads
  • Front strut brace
  • Boost gauge *
  • Sports grille *
  • OEM clear headlights and indicators
  • Leather interior
  • Kenwood cd / mp3 player
  • Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres all round

It's wanted for nothing as far as I can tell - I've got a thick folder of receipts from previous owners, and since I've had the car it's had a replacement (2nd hand) turbo (the previous one had a cracked housing), two new drop links when it only needed one, and I've even replaced the little screws that hold on the engine cover because they were starting to burr!

£2200 ovno is the price, taking account the excellent condition of the car and the fact that the maintenance is bang up-to-date. Dare I say it, if you want a "classic" T4 that's economical to run, I doubt you'll find many better.

Viewing strongly advised and welcomed - car is in Herts.

Will be sad to see her go but at least better if she finds a new home with a Forum member rather than via the dreaded eBay!

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Al115; Oct 13th, 2008 at 11:25.
Al115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13th, 2008, 11:14   #2
Al115
Premier Member

Photos!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2025 [1280x768].JPG (244.8 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2024 [1280x768].JPG (277.1 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00035.jpg (139.7 KB, 141 views)
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 09:27   #3
andy_scs

Nice looking car, but a tad overpriced I think - Nothing thats petrol and fast is selling at the moment
andy_scs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 16:13   #4
rusrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_scs View Post
Nice looking car, but a tad overpriced I think - Nothing thats petrol and fast is selling at the moment
had trouble selling mine..had to take £2000 for it in the end...newer as well ..facelift model
rusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 22:08   #5
Al115
Premier Member

Hopefully the fact that it is in top condition and returns excellent mpg will tempt a potential buyer out of the woodwork! You can buy some scrappy ones for next-to-nothing, but then you get what you pay for. We'll see.

Rusrus, I know the trouble you had selling yours, don't know if that was because it was chipped (can be both a pro and a con) or an auto (likewise) - yes it was the facelift. Glad it found a new home.

Take your point, the used car market ain't want it was a year ago
Old Oct 15th, 2008, 22:10   #6
Al115
Premier Member

Forgot to say, had an offer on it of £1800 today, so I don't think the price is that far out.

Or maybe I'll regret turning that down in a few months who knows...
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 18:39   #7
rusrus

hope you sell it mate...nice car..
rusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 10:22   #8
Al115
Premier Member

Thanks very much, that's kind ... more than anything I hope it finds a good home, been a good car for me.
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 11:19   #9
Al115
Premier Member

Now my "other T4" is back on the road, I am not using my silver T4 anymore! It's a waste to see it sitting on the drive and I don't want to renew the insurance on it in the New Year.

Hence price drop - now £1750 to sell!

PM me if interested.
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 19:38   #10
Al115
Premier Member

A change to the spec, some new photos and a drop in price to get it shifted...

The Optiflow enclosure has gone but the BSR cone filter is still there.

Also in the last month the car has started with a "clonk" noise from the front offside when turning at very low speeds. I only ever notice it in car parks. I think this is probably the anti-roll bar bushing or similar, the drop links were replaced recently and all the suspension as well, so it's not going to be anything major, but wanted to mention it as there's nothing worse than surprises when buying a car!

And here come the photos... below... and the price: £1550 takes it away.