Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

road rage.... :-(

Views : 2459

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 15:28   #11
brutusmotorsport

Default dash cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
cheers mate, just annoyed at myself for not clocking what was going on sooner and found away to avoid it. best try and forget about it
very true.

if your seriously worried , then as posts above say, fit a dash cam.

ive seen bikers knocked off. {I used to be in the brotherhood and m.c}
car crashes on daily basis.
and the unfortunate fatal crashes. its all I days driving.
I go home just thinking how lucky I am for another day.
brutusmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 15:54   #12
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

THat "brake checking" seem very popular in UK, judging from the YT videos, not so often seen here in Ire. The "line hogging" on another hand is a national sport here and there is nothing bothering me more than Nissan Micra on right lane of highway driving under speed limit when left lane is free...

nothing excuse the behavior of that Fiat's owner, that a dictionary example of road rage regardless of anything, sorry it happened to you.
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 16:01   #13
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
THat "brake checking" seem very popular in UK, judging from the YT videos, not so often seen here in Ire. The "line hogging" on another hand is a national sport here and there is nothing bothering me more than Nissan Micra on right lane of highway driving under speed limit when left lane is free...

nothing excuse the behavior of that Fiat's owner, that a dictionary example of road rage regardless of anything, sorry it happened to you.
i should have been more patient slowed right down and moved left but my spider sense didn't activate just from the tailgating. often just an foolish driver rather than an angry one... so **** though, and wish I'd handled it better. when I was back left I should have just backed right off incase they did something. lesson learned!!!!
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 16:45   #14
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
i should have been more patient slowed right down and moved left but my spider sense didn't activate just from the tailgating. often just an foolish driver rather than an angry one... so **** though, and wish I'd handled it better. when I was back left I should have just backed right off incase they did something. lesson learned!!!!
Unfortunately Lockstock you just happened to come across one of the nutters that plague the roads these days. Inside his head there will be a pea that makes him think he is a driving god with no thought for anyone else. Darwinism will probably sort them out eventually.

From your point of view don't dwell on it, but use it as a positive experience, and what you have learnt keep it in your toolbox for future use.
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 17:04   #15
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGMT View Post
Unfortunately Lockstock you just happened to come across one of the nutters that plague the roads these days. Inside his head there will be a pea that makes him think he is a driving god with no thought for anyone else. Darwinism will probably sort them out eventually.

From your point of view don't dwell on it, but use it as a positive experience, and what you have learnt keep it in your toolbox for future use.
It was actually a woman, with pink hair :-/
The Following User Says Thank You to lockstock For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 17:12   #16
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Ah, well there you go. Not that I have anything against women with pink hair, only the ones that can't drive.
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 07:49   #17
MDS40

I always say " better to have the idiot in front of you than behind you ".
A least that way you are in control.
Sorry to hear of your incident.
Lots of idiot on the road.

I had a woman crash through my garden fence, go across the lawn and through the back fence on Saturday.
Missed me and the wife by a few feet in our lounge.
She was arrested for DD and blew 96 at 10:30 am.
Madness.

Some previous cars include: Jaguar x type: Mazda 6 : Mazda 626: Ford Sierra 2.0: Toyota Celica ST 1600 : Hillman Avenger: Triumph Spitfire:
Oh and a Volvo 340 GL 1984 company car from new.
MDS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 08:22   #18
MacV50
Master Member

Quote:
Just wonder peoples thoughts on this.

Sunday, driving on dual carriageway 60 limit. Right lane is for straight on a roundabout a mile or 2 ahead. So I'm in right lane at 60..
No condoning the Fiat driver's actions but why were you in the right hand lane so far before the roundabout? Unless there's a queue on the left lane, that's where you should be until around 1/4 to 1/2 mile before the roundabout. I suspect that's what got the other driver's back up and unfortunately you let yourself get dragged into it.
MacV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 08:40   #19
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacV50 View Post
No condoning the Fiat driver's actions but why were you in the right hand lane so far before the roundabout? Unless there's a queue on the left lane, that's where you should be until around 1/4 to 1/2 mile before the roundabout. I suspect that's what got the other driver's back up and unfortunately you let yourself get dragged into it.
it was a 60mph road and the right lane was moving at speed, left lane was slower so was passing cars anyway. I always move back left. This was why the fiat driver did a crazy undertake as there wasn't even safe room to do that. I hear what you're saying though. That's why I say I should have slowed right down and got out of the situation. I just hadn't clocked what the driver was intending. I wasn't holding up traffic, I'm guessing the fiat driver wanted to be doing 80mph+
Old Dec 3rd, 2019, 15:04   #20
Welton
Premier Member

I've been driving my S40 for 10 years and tend to get left alone by road ragers but if I drive the little Twingo I get horribly picked on, it's bizarre, whoever comes up behind you just has to get past.

The T5 has a feature called 'power away' that's always nice to use
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote