Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

road rage.... :-(

Views : 2474

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 10:35   #1
lockstock

Default road rage.... :-(

Just wonder peoples thoughts on this.

Sunday, driving on dual carriageway 60 limit. Right lane is for straight on a roundabout a mile or 2 ahead. So I'm in right lane at 60.. Fiat 500 approaches at speed then extremely close tailgate. then cuts between cars left and undertakes. No big deal but they cut back right so I had to slam brakes to avoid collision. That would be the end of it, but they then brake check and slow right down....

I should have just slowed down and done nothing until they get bored but this persisted after thrle round about. So when a gap opened up I moved back left. the right lane slowed down, and the fiat 500 driver litterally swerved left into me so I was forced off the road to avoid a crash. It was 100% deliberate.... I ended up accelerating out of it so had a gap and that was the end of it as they turned off at next round about...

My problem is I dont have dashcam and didn't get there licence. Also other than my nerves, no harm done.

My worry is that anyone catching the end of this may see it as me undertaking, and I worry I'm going to get grief. When the real issue is that the fiat driver is going to kill someone...

I was debating asking authority for advice, but realistically what can they do?

The bull**** thing is if another driver has dashcam and I ended getting grief over it... In hindsight I should have found space somehow and just slowed right down until this person got bored and left, but in the moment it didnt happend that way. wtf is wrong with people....
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 11:16   #2
domhart10
Volvo S40

some people are just always raging ... best to just leave them to it and stay away. I have people come up close to my bumper to move over, I think the closer they get, the slower I go really. If they hit me then its them at fault really.

In your situation if they were that agro, I would of just moved over instead of sitting in that lane for a mile upto the roundabout. But there is no justification for their reaction really.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 11:39   #3
Markos01

Mental situation, pretty nasty.

I'd not worry about getting done for undertaking unless you get a letter, whichI strongly doubt you'll get.
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 11:44   #4
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
some people are just always raging ... best to just leave them to it and stay away. I have people come up close to my bumper to move over, I think the closer they get, the slower I go really. If they hit me then its them at fault really.

In your situation if they were that agro, I would of just moved over instead of sitting in that lane for a mile upto the roundabout. But there is no justification for their reaction really.
yea you're 100% right, just tailgating to start with, so didn't know the extent of it until they cut me up... I've been looking online for a good dash cam today actually. just want one without wires really and that doesn't seem to exist really
The Following User Says Thank You to lockstock For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 13:02   #5
AndrasL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockstock View Post
My problem is I dont have dashcam.
Indeed. You should indevest in a good one that records both front and rear.
AndrasL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 13:11   #6
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrasL View Post
Indeed. You should indevest in a good one that records both front and rear.
any advice on models, a non wired battery one would be convenient if they exist. 1h 30 drives are max distance
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 13:48   #7
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Viofo A129 gets great reviews. Might be on offer on Amazon still, I picked one up last week for £100. Just got to get round to fitting it.

Edit - yes still on offer https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-Camer.../dp/B07DHKLH4F

I've also gone for the hardwire kit for parking mode etc.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 13:51   #8
bugsb

mrs got a dash cam from the AA free from halfords glad it was free total c**p.
mine i have had for about 4 years with rear view camera prob mid range in quality but still going strong newer model out
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Vis...cAAOSw74RdwpX3
i did at one point hard wire it with a bec kit a week later just by chance i was checking it was ok i noticed it was very hot so i went back to basic setup from the dash cam hide the wire in the roof lining down the door pillar then i bought one of these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Car-C...kAAOSwFrtdk0x-
put them where ever is best handy with a usb port as well
bugsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 15:16   #9
brutusmotorsport

Default rage

I drive hgv for living. see this and worse every day. I let it go over my head. if no damage done to either vehicles its not worring about. it can be a downer when you do.
brutusmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brutusmotorsport For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 15:23   #10
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusmotorsport View Post
I drive hgv for living. see this and worse every day. I let it go over my head. if no damage done to either vehicles its not worring about. it can be a downer when you do.
cheers mate, just annoyed at myself for not clocking what was going on sooner and found away to avoid it. best try and forget about it