Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Air on issue please help

Views : 1164

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2020, 16:52   #11
cheshired5
Premier Member

Get it connected to Vida.
You'll be able to do a CCM recalibration and check the temperature sensors to confirm their accuracy.
If they are dead or misreading, you will never achieve the requested cabin temperature.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 17:28   #12
Sts40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
The heater matrix is basically on all the time and the airflow diverted away from or to the heater as required by the Climate ECU.

There's motorised actuators which move the air 'flaps' to control the desired cabin temp. Only VIDA will interrogate the system and explain any faults with the various sensors/motors etc but generally the system performs well.

The 'dirty fix' well worth a try first is to set both sides to the same temp and then slowly take the temperature dial down to 'Lo' and slowly back up to 'Hi' this has proved to work well in the past.

Personally I've never seen a Dual Climate system happy with anything other than about 3 Deg C max difference in the requested temps so I always leave both sides equal to save it from the stress of trying.
So just been for a 15min drive, whilst out did the slow up and down through temps and seems better... but it’s not as hot out today... will try again whenever I’m out and keep people posted...
Sts40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 14:28   #13
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Get it connected to Vida.
You'll be able to do a CCM recalibration and check the temperature sensors to confirm their accuracy.
If they are dead or misreading, you will never achieve the requested cabin temperature.
Im not sure if thats the case, if both sides are set to LOW it should simply blow coolest air possible regardless of sensors, so in this case CCM shouldnt have much to say. If it blows "bit cold and lukewarm" then it doesnt look like sensor problem to me...
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 14:35   #14
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Im not sure if thats the case, if both sides are set to LOW it should simply blow coolest air possible regardless of sensors, so in this case CCM shouldnt have much to say. If it blows "bit cold and lukewarm" then it doesnt look like sensor problem to me...
My other suggestion was a recalibration. If that's required, all manner of strange behaviour is possible.
That's why it's available as an option in Vida.
Old Jul 31st, 2020, 17:22   #15
Sts40

Default Volvo dealer, waste of space and problem made worse!

So car has been to Volvo today. £75 to check flap calibration on climate control system. Diagnosis = “compressor cuts in and out frequently”.

Told me that the motor positions for the flaps are correct, flaps may not be connected to motors, can’t test this need car for a couple of days to take your dashboard out and have a look = so somewhere in the region of £2000 + depending on what they find.

Cause .... hmmm... “.....don’t know. Maybe someone has been in there before and broken them, you just don’t know with a second hand car, but if you bought it from us we would know the history of the car”

I.e. why don’t you buy a new shiny approved new Volvo....

Summary, I will now take the dash apart myself and investigate, after I have taken it to an Indie to get all the other stuff correctly checked, because the car has come out of Volvo and only blows very hot air now when climate is set to low (14c).
Sts40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 13:54   #16
PeteTheSwede
Mr Viking.

Just to revive this post.
Since 2019 im the owner of a 2006 V50 where the Ac played up since like September 2022, with the system stuck on either cold or hot on the passenger side and mostly working on the driver side.
Read the forum for different solutions but non that made sense as the problem was random and not all the time.

Anyway, it turned out the battery was on its way out so replaced it with a new battery about a week ago and since then the Ac works with no issues whatsoever.

So the first fix is to check your battery before doing any repair on your AC. 👍
PeteTheSwede is offline   Reply With Quote