Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 2.0d No Start Possible Immobiliser

Views : 763

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 26th, 2020, 14:43   #1
anthonywoodall

Question C70 2.0d No Start Possible Immobiliser

Hi new member here so please bear with me. I have a huge issue with a non starting car on my 2008 Volvo C70 2.0d am am hoping some of you educated readers may be able to help me with.
Problems with none start after the alarm was triggered whilst replacing a damaged injector (solenoid connector plug was moved when doing a leak off test and went short circuit). A replacement VDO injector was fitted but then we had alarm go off when opening the car door and have not been able to start car since.
A noid light has been used and does not energize on any injectors (unsure if with this system a noid light would be usable for diagnostics?).

From the fault codes when using Volvo Vida and Delphi listed symptoms ie, immobiliser programming PIN not default and immobiliser Active-does this confirm car is immobilised? Also does the programming PIN not default mean its lost its coding from having battery disconnected for too long?

I can purchase a second hand engine ecu for cloning if thats possible or will the above codes listed mean the car would need reprogramming at VOLVO or is it something that I could do with the ECU via Volvo Vida which I have on my laptop?
I understand that the error CEM-3A00 software faulty signal is quite common and could be a checksum error meaning the software has been adjusted or remapped and is not necessarily an issue in itself, is this correct?
Below I have listed fault codes and vehicle details
Appreciate any feedback and options available to get this car running again.

Many thanks in advance,

Anthony,

Manufacturer: Volvo
Model: C70 2.0d
Fuel Type: Diesel
Year: 2008
Part Number: Seimens system possible part No 30729518 (not verified as still on car) Fault Symptoms: None start, injectors not firing, immobiliser active but no driver information display notification of fault on dash.

CEM-3A00 ECM, SOFTWARE FAULTY SIGNAL
FAULT CODE CEM-IMMOBILISER, PROGRAMMING PIN IS NOT DEFAULT STATUS FROM VOLVO VIDA
IMMOBILISOR ACTIVE-DELPHI DIAGNOSTICS
PROGRAMMING- PIN CODE IS NOT PRESELECTED -DELPHI DIAGNOSTICS
anthonywoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 21:35   #2
anthonywoodall

Default Update

Well the car has been into Volvo dealers and they dont know whats wrong and are telling me it needs 3 hours of diagnosis before they can tell me what might be wrong. Has anybody else had such an issue? Is there nobody that can help out there at all?
Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 21:40   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywoodall View Post
Well the car has been into Volvo dealers and they dont know whats wrong and are telling me it needs 3 hours of diagnosis before they can tell me what might be wrong. Has anybody else had such an issue? Is there nobody that can help out there at all?
has the battery been flat for any length of time ? The ECU can loose it's memory on this Engine ECU if the battery has been left flat for a while .

Instruct volvo to reload the engine ecu software which includes the Immobiliser codes . that will take them 20 minutes of labour , and might well do the trick ...
Otherwise shorting the injector wires is likely to damage the ECU ..
Old Aug 2nd, 2020, 22:03   #4
anthonywoodall

Thanks for replying-yes battery was flat and sadly yes No1 injector solenoid was short circuited due to the electrical plug being moved inadvertently. Volvo reinstalled the engine and cem software but found engine would still not start. At this point I got a call asking for me to authorise upto 4hrs labour in order to properly diagnose further. I'm concerned they had someone less experienced doing the install as they told me they reinstalled the injector coding at which point I reminded them that the new injector fitted was class 4 as per all the others and no further coding should be required for that.
Your point on the ecu possibility of damage for injector short circuit is starting to raise concerns that it may be the case but the immobiliser pin not default was the reason for me having it towed down the to begin with as I can get a used ecu cloned but thats pointless if the immobiliser is still active.
I'll call them and request the software is reset as per your suggestion. Really appreciate your help. Thank you.