Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 135745

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 24th, 2023, 19:59   #491
Jaddak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
I bought mine with 3.500 miles on it, 55k miles later it still puts a smile on my face. I do think about other vehicles, but once I get behind the wheel of this XC60 D5 manual, those thoughts quickly fade away and deep down I know there is nothing better, it does everything and more. It pulls like a steam train. I dread something major failing on it, but it would have to be very serious for me to consider saying goodbye to the car. Its the best vehicle I've ever owned and no dealer is going to get their hands on it.
What year? We're on our second with the 2.4 lump in 2016 manual guise... is 1st car wife has ever loved

Key thing is to stop corrosion with the likes of Lanoguard on springs, drop links & other underbody items.

Servicing is expensive, though with free annual Roadside assist every time worth the money.

Just budget in new shocks & possibly springs around 80k, upgrading to the likes of Koni etc & that love will be even more
Jaddak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2023, 17:31   #492
colinharrison49

I just bought my xc60 (2011 D5 r design awd) so I don’t know yet but after about 6 hours I like it a lot
colinharrison49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 15:29   #493
Crdavid

Default Farewell xc60 after 8y

Just traded xc60 2016 r design 2.4lump d5 for v60 b4

Great suv car after previous s60 d4
Comfortable 106k miles with easy access/ exit and great view
Easy driving with acc bliss and balanced power for weight
4wd with winter tyres meant security in adverse weather
Good load lugging
Good sound system, blue tooth

Silly / not good: handbrake position, rear fog light position, sat nav not in eyeline when driving - not good in congested city or busy complex motorway junction
Leg room in rear behind me was so so as I am 6’3” (but I wasn’t that passenger!)

New front springs at 104k, occasional warning lights and engine noises than before plus wanted tow bar for bikes so new ( to me) car or invest in the older one hence the change.

Looking forward to new v60 but it’s not the same!!
Crdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2023, 19:36   #494
pont

Default 2.4 diesel awd auto

Best car ever by far. Best seats, easiest to drive and a true mile muncher. 77000 miles on mine and always volvo serviced which is still worth it.
I am not convinced the newer 2 litre is a better car.
Normal services plus one cracked front spring and new brakes all round , all by volvo.
pont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2023, 19:55   #495
JohnnyNapalm

Put ours in against an XC90 which has a better Google experiance. Not as glitchy and less problems with it booting up etc. XC60 was a fine car but had to move on after 18 months. Never really bonded with it if that makes sense. Cheers.
JohnnyNapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2024, 15:39   #496
mm60103

Smile City Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
no real faults cropping up at all . Most of the technology is proved in the S80 from 2007 except city safety , but one must assume thats fully sorted , we cant really test that until the conditions are right to bring it into action .
There is a steering pipe retaining screw recall on certain XC60's which is an inherent FORD problem which Volvo have developed a better design fix for ..
I've had numerous Volvos over the past 15 years the majority having the city safety feature on. I always knew what it was supposed to do but how daft would you be if you tried to test it and it didn't work. Grade 1 Plonker looking for a new front for your car. Just over a year in my XC60 for some reason the car in front of stopped short of a corner. I thought dear me I'm going to plough into the back of it. As I got closer my car braked like I didn't think possible. A bit like 3 big blokes with their foot on the brake pedal at the same time. Impressed yes. Damage to front of car avoided. Thank you City Safe!
mm60103 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mm60103 For This Useful Post: